Profile for Sue C. > Reviews

Philips Sonicare HX3214/01 CleanCare+ Electric Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX3214/01 CleanCare+ Electric Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good value toothbrush, 20 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very good value toothbrush. I have always been impressed with the Sonicare products and have used them for years. This is a budget level product, with just one speed setting, but I personally feel this is more than adequate. Some people have commented on the vibration but this is generally a feature of electric toothbrushes, and it does not bother me. The toothbrush comes with a charging unit, which has the usual two pin plug and is quite neat. The toothbrush charges very quickly and should last for 10 days - I guess this depends on how many times a day you use it, and for how long. If you travel for extended periods this may be a drawback, but the charging unit doesn't take up much space, so I have not marked it down for this reason. Good price on Amazon and a good buy.

Watching Edie: The most unsettling psychological thriller you'll read this year
Watching Edie: The most unsettling psychological thriller you'll read this year
by Camilla Way

5.0 out of 5 stars I love psychological thrillers and this certainly does not disappoint, 20 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love psychological thrillers and this certainly does not disappoint. Very hard to put down - in fact, I wasted most of a weekend sitting on the sofa reading this - and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is always a big pull when a novel features a secret, but does not let you in on it until very late on - human nature says it is difficult to wait to find out what the secret is and Camilla Way uses this human trait to full advantage. The characters are very well portrayed, although you actually feel little empathy with them - again, I think this is quite deliberate on the part of the author. The novel moves at a good pace, switching between 'then' and 'now' and the ending is satisfying. A chilling novel, but a brilliant read.

Eric Lanlard's Afternoon Tea
Eric Lanlard's Afternoon Tea
by Eric Lanlard

3.0 out of 5 stars I was a bit disappointed by this book, 17 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a big fan of Eric Lanlard, I was a bit disappointed by this book. I quite like the sweet recipes, but am not very tempted by the savoury recipes - the book is divided approx. 50/50 into sweet and savoury. I'm not convinced that I really want such dishes as curried crab filo tartlets or cacao beef, or even scallops, for afternoon tea, but maybe I am just to traditional in my tastes. However, the sweet recipes are appetising and I will definitely be trying some of these. On the plus side, the book is very nicely written and produced, with excellent photography.

Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Mist SPF30, 200 ml
Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Mist SPF30, 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the dry mist because you really wouldn't know that ..., 17 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a vast improvement on the usual sun protection lotion. I love the dry mist because you really wouldn't know that you have applied sun protection - I absolutely hate the greasy feeling you have when you apply lotion. The spray is very fine and makes it easy to apply in difficult places when you don't have help! There is virtually no smell to this, either. SPF30 is quite a decent level of protection, but obviously I cannot comment on how effective this is because we have had very little sun, but I am looking forward to being able to use this on a forthcoming holiday, without feeling greasy all day long.

Tastes Like Fear (D.I. Marnie Rome 3)
Tastes Like Fear (D.I. Marnie Rome 3)
by Sarah Hilary

4.0 out of 5 stars The plot is skillfully woven and moves at a good pace, keeping the reader guessing as to who ..., 16 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This novel follows the search for a missing girl. The search is detailed against the background of a group of girls who are living together in a hidden house where the missing girl also lived for a time. The plot is skillfully woven and moves at a good pace, keeping the reader guessing as to who has done what. Has quite a good ending with a twist you didn't expect. All in all, very well written and an enjoyable read.

Igenix AMZ11 Breakfast Set Pyramid Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster - Metallic Cream
Igenix AMZ11 Breakfast Set Pyramid Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster - Metallic Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value toaster and kettle set, 13 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good value toaster and kettle set. Toaster has deep slots so you do get a whole slice of bread toasted - my previous toaster always missed the top edge. Also, if you toast small items like some of the fruit bread slices, the toaster lifts them higher than some toasters, making them much easier to extract. The kettle is a good size, with a concealed element, which keeps the element fur-free. The kettle boils quickly and quite quietly. Both of the appliances seem quite well made and I do like the coloured finish, which gives them a classy look. I have only given the set four stars because I find the kettle lid quite tight and difficult to remove and I would prefer to fill it via the lid, rather than the spout. Only a small point, though, and I do like both appliances.

Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Advanced Protection Dry Mist SPF50 200ml
Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Advanced Protection Dry Mist SPF50 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate the usual greasy feeling when you apply sun protection, 13 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I hate the usual greasy feeling when you apply sun protection, so was very excited by this product. You get a really good sized 200ml can of 50+ spf high protection sunscreen. It sprays on very finely and disappears completely, leaving your skin feeling dry, fresh and silky. It has no smell either, which is a real bonus. I will definitely be using this product in the future.

My Art Book to Colour: Mandalas
My Art Book to Colour: Mandalas
by Hachette Children's Books

3.0 out of 5 stars If you like colouring mandalas, 13 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you like colouring mandalas, this book does have some nice designs, but the one thing I do not like about the book is that the design outlines are printed for the most part in heavy black ink, with some of the designs having large areas of black. Personally, I prefer more subtle, finer outlines so that the finished work is not dominated by black. My personal preference, but this spoils the book a little.

Sizzix Bigz Die with Texture Fades Layered Butterfly by Tim Holtz
Sizzix Bigz Die with Texture Fades Layered Butterfly by Tim Holtz
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a large butterfly but looks amazing on the right project, 4 May 2016
Fabulous butterfly die. There is a video online showing how you can transform this die cut using Viva metallic rubs, which is superb. Quite a large butterfly but looks amazing on the right project. Good to get the matching embossing folder and die cutter in a set together.

Stampendous 1-Piece 0.6 oz Aged Embossing Enamel, Scarlet
Stampendous 1-Piece 0.6 oz Aged Embossing Enamel, Scarlet

5.0 out of 5 stars These embossing enamels give the most amazing results. I use them in my mixed media ..., 4 May 2016
These embossing enamels give the most amazing results. I use them in my mixed media work and on tags, etc. They melt into a gorgeous mix of colour and gold and transform any item into something special. Not cheap, but the size of pot is reasonable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20