Profile for Sue C. > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Universal Bottle Holder
Universal Bottle Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars It's quite annoying when fridge manufacturers don't put a bottle rack in ..., 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Universal Bottle Holder (Misc.)
It's quite annoying when fridge manufacturers don't put a bottle rack in their appliances, but this is a great solution. I had this in my old fridge, but have also had to put it in my new fridge, as that too didn't have an in-built wine holder. Enables you to use some of the 'spare' height between shelves and keep a decent amount of wine or soft drinks chilled.

Toyota Yaris Black Rubber Genuine Replacement AM/FM Aerial Mast Antenna Roof Screw In Type
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Some nice person stole my car aerial, 20 Aug. 2014
Some nice person stole my car aerial, so needed a replacement. This is a quality genuine replacement part, which performs perfectly.

Tefal Gv8461 Pro Express Autoclean Steam Generator
Tefal Gv8461 Pro Express Autoclean Steam Generator
Offered by Southern Electric

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this iron - my old one was good, 20 Aug. 2014
Love this iron - my old one was good, but kept spitting nasty brown bits over my clothes when I'd had it for a little while. I am hoping for much better things with this one because it has the new anti-calc system. After a few months of use, this seems to be keeping it clear, but of course, only time will tell. It has excellent steam output and makes light work of ironing just about everything, even producing good results on linen clothing. The cord re-wind is a nice feature.

Impex Hi-Tack Fast Tack Glue 115ml
Impex Hi-Tack Fast Tack Glue 115ml
Offered by Ribbons and Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class glue, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Impex Hi-Tack Fast Tack Glue 115ml
This is just about the best craft glue on the market. It has a lovely fine applicator for detailed work and is exactly what it claims - highly tacky and fast setting. Glue is white on application but dries clear. I use this in my doll-making and couldn't manage without it.

Aleene's Stiffen-quick Fabric Stiffening Spray (4oz)
Aleene's Stiffen-quick Fabric Stiffening Spray (4oz)
Offered by supermart USA

3.0 out of 5 stars Spray isn't fine enough, either - this one was a bit ..., 20 Aug. 2014
Bought this to use in my doll-making. Had to apply several coats to a lacy hat to get any reasonable degree of stiffness, but by that time, the stiffener showed on the fabric, so I'm not really very impressed with it. Spray isn't fine enough, either - this one was a bit blobby, as other reviewer found.

WellBake Premium Large Silicone Rolling Mat for Pastry & Dough. Nonstick + 10 Year Guarantee
Offered by WellBake Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality rolling mat - bought this for my son, 20 Aug. 2014
Excellent quality rolling mat - bought this for my son, who is a keen cook. I have one myself and it saves getting the worktop all messy and you can easily wash it. Not really sure why it has the circles marked on it, because you can't see these once you start rolling the pastry out, but it is a good product and well made.

5kg Dried Mealworms
5kg Dried Mealworms
Offered by Maltbys Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds who visit my garden feeding tables absolutely love dried mealworms but they are very expensive when sold ..., 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: 5kg Dried Mealworms (Misc.)
The birds who visit my garden feeding tables absolutely love dried mealworms but they are very expensive when sold in small quantities. Was delighted to find these on offer in such a big bag. Thought they might be full of broken bits at this price, but they are top quality mealworms. Because of the light weight of this item, you get a very big bag and the last one kept the birdies well fed for almost a year.

Cairo Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes from the Middle East Inspired by the Street Foods of Cairo
by Suzanne Zeidy

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and informative, 20 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I would like to improve my knowledge of world cuisine and this book certainly delivers. I found the background information to Egyptian cuisine very interesting reading, supporting a wide range of tempting recipes. The majority of the ingredients are readily available, although one or two may be difficult to obtain (e.g. Molokheya, Sahlab starch powder, dried Hibiscus leaves etc), unless you live in an area with Middle Eastern grocers. I feel that this would be a good book for vegetarians, in view of the high proportion of recipes for vegetable and salad dishes, and may have less appeal to committed meat-eaters. Some of the recipes are for more well-known dishes, such as Baba Ganoush, with other more unusual ones such as Fried Cauliflower Sandwiches. However, the book is well illustrated and the finished dishes look very inviting. I think this book would earn it's place in any foodie's library.

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes Mr Tumble Soft Toy 38cm
Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes Mr Tumble Soft Toy 38cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Although I like the toy, 20 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mr Tumble is a soft toy, well made and colourful. The switch in the hand starts a routine, whereby Mr Tumble asks you to identify different parts of his body. Although I like the toy, I do not think the voice is particularly attractive. It is a little 'harsh' and a softer tone might be better. The toy has an attractive face, and will provide some entertainment value, but I think the price is a little on the high side when considered in respect of it's play value. The age range given is from 10 months, but obviously such a young child would need quite a lot of support to follow the instructions given by Mr Tumble.

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Car Loader
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Car Loader

5.0 out of 5 stars but I also feel a slightly younger child would happily play with this, 20 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely toy. It is well made, well finished and really colourful. Big red car transporter with four different coloured cars to load on the transporter. The cars are numbered 1-4 which will help a child to start to recognise numbers. The cars are loaded by using a magnetic arm, which will also help to develop dexterity and coordination. The age guide is 3 years, but I also feel a slightly younger child would happily play with this. It is not expensive, and I think this will provide hours of imaginative play. Good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20