Profile for Markyboy > Reviews

Content by Markyboy

Markyboy

Replacement Battery designed to Replace Blackberry Cs-2 Original Li-Ion Battery For Blackberry 7100, 8700, 8703, Curve 8530, 8520, 8330, 8320, 8310, 8300, Gemini 8520
Offered by Noors

4.0 out of 5 stars Good customer service second time around, 13 Oct. 2012
These batteries are really cheap so there was a chance that they wouldn't be any good but for the money I thought it was worth the risk. I received a battery very quickly and it looked like the genuine article. The battery performed worse than the one I intended to replace. It would not hold charge for a whole day. I suspected that it was an old battery. Oh well, I thought, it was only £3 down the drain. I wrote a fairly negative review on Amazon which has never been published for some reason. I couldn't be bothered to contact this seller and ask for a refund. A few days after I wrote the review a received another battery in the post, completely unannounced. This second battery, which I never requested, is excellent. I have been converted from a disappointed customer into a very happy one. Well done to the seller!

Family Tree Maker for MAC v2 (Mac)
Family Tree Maker for MAC v2 (Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems absolutely fine so far, 4 Aug. 2012
Having recently moved from a Windows machine to a Macbook I needed some Mac family tree software to continue with my genealogy research. I had previously used a relatively old version of Family Tree maker on a PC so, having read some of the negative reviews of this Mac OSX version, I rather nervously purchased this product. The install went smoothly and then I was asked to register the software. I then encountered the 'cannot connect to the internet' message that has been mentioned in previous reviews. I took the 'register later' option and then was immediately presented with an option to download an update to the product. The update downloaded and installed without problems (over the supposedly unconnected internet!) and after that the product could be registered without issues. Since the update the software has been stable and looks fantastic on a Retina display Macbook. I have imported my previous PC-generated family trees to the product and that has gone well. The only issue being that my links to external media (mostly jpeg files) did not convert automatically. I guess that might be too much to ask with the different file structures between PCs and Macs. I have manually re-linked all of my external media and it did not take too long. I cannot comment on how well the product synchronises with family trees on Ancestry.com as I really just use the software to organise my research on my own Macbook. However, for my purposes, Family Tree Maker for Mac, looks great, has tons of functionality and appears very stable once the product has been updated.