Profile for D. Rosam > Reviews

Content by D. Rosam

D. Rosam "David Rosam" (Sussex, UK)

Junk Magic
Junk Magic
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential 21st Century Jazz, 2 July 2011
This review is from: Junk Magic (Audio CD)
Quite simply one of my Top 10 jazz albums from the new millennium.

Intelligent electronica, great improv, fantastic playing, brilliant compositions. A real step out from the fringes of contemporary jazz without it being mistakable for any other kind of music.

Just buy it and give yourself a real treat.

Belkin Quilted Case For Netbooks Up To 12.1 -Inch , Jet/cabernet
Belkin Quilted Case For Netbooks Up To 12.1 -Inch , Jet/cabernet

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. Badly conceived, 9 Dec 2010
Looks good and seems well made, but the zip and strap fittings are scratchy against my aluminium MacBook. Very bad material/component selection by Belkin, as the case protects the machine from the outside world, only to potentially damage it itself.

It's also much too deep for a MacBook Air - and too deep for many netbooks, too.

I can't see I'll use it very much, if at all, so I think I've wasted my money

If you have an 11" MacBook Air like me, I strongly suggest you look elsewhere.

The Astounding Eyes Of Rita
The Astounding Eyes Of Rita
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortlessly persuasive, 5 Jan 2010
This is Brahem's masterpiece. Deep, slow and as someone else said, soulful.

It's fantastically mature music that just sucks you in, cossets you for a cd's worth and leaves you feeling all the better for it!

Brilliant stuff. Buy it!

Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB  USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value. Does the job, 25 Jan 2009
I've had a 500GB model for something like 18 months and the 1TB model for a few weeks, attached to both Macs and PCs on my network. They're on 24 hours a day.

They're quiet and reliable, if perhaps a little slow. However, I stream music wirelessly around my home from them, so they're not that slow!

To pick up on some other reviewers' thoughts. Hard disks go bang from time to time. They just do. So I make both on and off site backups. If one of the My Books goes wrong, I'll quite happily replace it with another - that's unless I find something that offers significantly better value.

Carry the Day
Carry the Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Threadgill, 31 Oct 2000
This review is from: Carry the Day (Audio CD)
What can you say? Henry Threadgill has been ploughing his own joyous furrow for years. An astounding mixture of source material is overshadowed by Threadgill's singular vision. Somewhere more all-encompassing than Prime Time, rawer than Bill Laswell's multi-cultural gumbo, and denser than Threadgill's earlier trio Air, this is absolutely essential post-jazz. Think of it as Ellington for the turn of the millennium. Buy it and play again, and again and again. It's that good.