Profile for AlanGrossmith > Reviews

Content by AlanGrossmith

AlanGrossmith

Four Enchanting Stories By Roald Dahl ("The Enormous Crocodile", "Revolting Rhymes", "The Magic Finger" and "Dirty Beasts") [DVD]
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Inappropriate language in U certificate film, 11 Sep 2012
Although I agree with other people's comments over the poor production feel of this film (ropey soundtrack that sounds like it is being played underwater), the point of this DVD that I cannot believe anyone has spotted or commented on is in the part "Revolting Rhymes" with the poem called "Cinderella". There is a verse in this story that starts:-

"The Prince cried, 'Who's this dirty slut?
'Off with her nut! Off with her nut!'

My wife and I couldn't believe it as our 7 year old daughter watched and heard this. This is supposed to be a U certificate film. I am not a prude and love a whole variety of films but the use of this word in a U cert DVD aimed at children is unacceptable. What next from the BBFC? The allowance of the word "Whore" for a U cert film. I am just glad we managed to distract her from this bit of the DVD and the fact that we did not allow her to watch it with school friends of the same age. I am really surprised with one of the other comments that allowed year 2 classes to watch it. As a parent I would not be happy with a school doing this.

Buyer beware.....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2013 6:53 AM BST

Penguins of Madagascar - Dr. Blowhole Returns Again - uDraw (Wii)
Penguins of Madagascar - Dr. Blowhole Returns Again - uDraw (Wii)
Offered by funfair games
Price: 15.19

5.0 out of 5 stars U Draw Penguins of Madagascar, 27 Aug 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My 7 year old daughter loves her U Draw and this game is great. Lots of good humour as you expect from these characters and most enjoyable. It is such a shame the U Draw did not take off as well as expected and that no new games are going to be made for it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 7:45 AM BST

Cars 2 (Nintendo DS)
Cars 2 (Nintendo DS)
Price: 11.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Cars 2, 21 Aug 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cars 2 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Really enjoyable game. Bought it for our 6 year old daughter and some of the levels were a little difficult but she enjoys playing it. Controls are very basic and not too confusing.