Profile for D. Howells > Reviews

Content by D. Howells

D. Howells "pontylass" (South Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
The Mindfulness Colouring Book: Anti-stress art therapy for busy people
The Mindfulness Colouring Book: Anti-stress art therapy for busy people
by Emma Farrarons

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy as it looks, 6 April 2015
The size format of this book makes it quite difficult to keep the book flat while working on a page. The designs are average and I have seen books with more interesting ones but, obviously , more expensive. I was disappointed in this book.

Womens/Ladies Nightwear/Sleepwear Embroidered Kaftan, One Size, Navy
Womens/Ladies Nightwear/Sleepwear Embroidered Kaftan, One Size, Navy
Offered by Socks Uwear®

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good buy, 16 Mar. 2015
I bought this after finding a kaftan I already owned was much more comfortable than any of my other sleepwear. The new one is as comfortable and hangs well because of the weight. I soaked in cold water before washing it to avoid colour bleed and it has washed very well. I intend to buy another. Good value for money.

Toyrific 1:24 De Lorean Part 1
Toyrific 1:24 De Lorean Part 1

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can you want?, 18 Jan. 2015
All I can say is that the response from the child who received it was, "Wow!". I think it pretty well eclipsed all else that day.

Star Wars Annual 2013 (Annuals 2013)
Star Wars Annual 2013 (Annuals 2013)
by Pedigree Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, actually, my grandson loved it, 27 May 2013
Another generation of my family hooked on Star Wars and the recipient was delighted with this book. It was pronounced Awesome!

The Hemochromatosis Cookbook: Recipes and Meals for Reducing the Iron in Your Diet
by Cheryl Garrison

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not quite fit the bill, 27 May 2013
I was hoping to fond more main course meals to give my husband a more varied diet while observing the need to reduce the consumption of iron. There was more emphasis on deserts than actually suits our dietary needs. I would love to see a common sense British book dealing with this issue.

Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money, 27 May 2013
i based my purchase on a positive review on Amazon. When the item arrived, i found some items missing and water in the body of the gadget, thus clearly, I had been sent an item which must have been returned. I immediately contacted Amazon because the wet weather had completely obliterated the return address of the suppliers. This took several attempts to get a refund but, to their credit, the suppliers refunded the price and simply told me to keep the machine. This confirmed my original suspicion that I had been sent used goods. i then set about testing the item; completely useless. the result, one electrical item sent to landfill which annoyed me even more! This is the second time I have purchased something from a third party supplier and had to return or reject damaged goods. I doubt that I shall be buying anything other than books and the like in future.

I Never Knew That About Britain: The Quiz Book: Over 1000 questions and answers about our glorious isles
by Christopher Winn

4.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some time., 27 May 2013
Quite a well organised book but, by its very nature, it could not solve all the needs of a quiz for a mixed age group. some research on very recent events would be needed for such a quiz.

Brie Greats: Delicious Brie Recipes, The Top 73 Brie Recipes
Brie Greats: Delicious Brie Recipes, The Top 73 Brie Recipes
by Jo Franks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great meals ahead!, 6 Feb. 2013
This book was bought for a friend who loves cooking for friends and is constantly on the look-out for recipes which are a little bit different. She had received a Brie baker for Christmas, so, what better item to complete the circle but a book of recipes. She was delighted.

Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot
Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot
by Bill O'Reilly

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking read., 31 Jan. 2013
Bought as a gift and the recipient could not put it down -- his words. Recommended reading for those interested in the history of our times.

Gavin And Stacey: The Complete Collection
Gavin And Stacey: The Complete Collection
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit the spot., 31 Jan. 2013
All I can say is that the very cool young man who requested this collection really enjoyed his Christmas Day!

Page: 1 | 2