Profile for Andy > Reviews

Content by Andy

Andy (Lerwick, Shetland United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AA Glovebox Atlas Scotland
AA Glovebox Atlas Scotland
by AA Publishing
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Guidance, 26 April 2014
I decided to buy this for a forthcoming cycle trip around a part of Scotland. Compact, yet informative it should be great for the job, especially with its ring-bound format. Why can't all road atlases be designed like this?

Rohloff Stories: A book from cyclists filled with reports which increase the passion for our beloved sport
by Barbara Rohloff

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Book, 26 April 2014
Translated into English the words do not flow at times, but the book itself is of the highest quality; superb paper and excellent binding. Good photography and stories after a technical explanation of the Rohloff hub with CAD drawings. The Rohloff hub is a modern miracle and if you have one in your bike then this book makes a great accompaniment.

Vidal Blackcurrant Pencils (Pack of 1, Total 100 Pieces)
Vidal Blackcurrant Pencils (Pack of 1, Total 100 Pieces)
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware the side-effects, 26 April 2014
I was pleased to find something blackcurrant flavoured in the sweetie range and I tucked into these when they arrived. I stopped at a dozen feeling guilty. Three days later my poo had turned green! I repeated the experiment and got the same results. No ill effects otherwise.

Cycling around Scotland
Cycling around Scotland
by Nick Fairweather

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another cycling book, 26 April 2014
I have read a good few cycling texts recently, electronically or published on good old paper. I bought this and it sat there for days. I couldn't make up my mind whether I could be bothered to read yet another tale of cycling up this hill and down that one. I am glad that I picked it up and started reading as the author as a brilliant way with words; a very witty man. Whilst you won't be rolling around the aisles with mirth, you will smile at his clever wordsmithing. Well worth a read.

Vox Political: Strong Words and Hard Times
Vox Political: Strong Words and Hard Times
by Mike Sivier

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember that..., 26 April 2014
It wasn't until recently, in my mid 50s, that I started to make the effort to go to the polling station. I still don't really know why I bother. Just reading a book like this though wakens you up to what is going on. As spin doctors push out one story after another each day, you can tend to forget what has been said before. A reminder through the pages of books like this remind you of what has gone before. How we can live with ourselves as a country the way that we treat the poor and disabled is beyond me. If you are easily depressed then this book might not be for you as it shows the appalling state of British politics, especially under the coalition government. Whereas a government minister can claim for his underpants on his tax-payer funded expenses, parents can have difficulty feeding their kids. This book will make your blood boil in places; too many places! Buy it and this will reinforce why we should all vote at every opportunity.

Victorinox Pocket Knife Ceramic Sharpener - Black
Victorinox Pocket Knife Ceramic Sharpener - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 11 April 2014
The usual quality that you would expect from Victorinox. This tool puts a really nice edge on a knife in a great little pocketable bundle using the v-shaped end. No more slipping and ending up with nasty scratches on your blades. Grooves cut into the stone allow you to accurately sharpen pointed items such as darts.

eCobbler Leather Laces Threading Needle For Deck Shoes Etc
eCobbler Leather Laces Threading Needle For Deck Shoes Etc
Offered by ecobbler

5.0 out of 5 stars Solution for Paracord Man Knitting, 11 April 2014
I was looking for a solution for hiding the end threads of paracord and this seems to be it so I bought two of them. I am sure that it has got many other uses, but for those who have stabbed themselves with an unsuitable tool whilst trying to hide paracord thread ends will find this invaluable.

Leki Rubber Tips (pairs) -
Leki Rubber Tips (pairs) -
Offered by Complete Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Tip Saver, 11 April 2014
Most of my walking doesn't need the metal pole tips, so to give me a better chance of not digging the pole in on soft surfaces, especially peat, I use these rubber tips, which also save the metal tips from wear. They add little weight to the pole, but are one of those useful pieces of kit that you didn't know that you needed.

Photographer's Guide to the Canon PowerShot S95: Getting the Most from Canon's Pocketable Digital Camera
by Alexander S. White

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing Manual, 11 April 2014
The Canon S95 is a lovely camera let down by the fact that there is no printed manual; a sign of things to come I fear. This book makes an excellent replacement for the manual and then some, in fact I am glad that Canon didn't supply a manaual in the end.

Leki Trail Antishock Walking Pole 2012
Leki Trail Antishock Walking Pole 2012
Offered by Kitwizard

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought in Error but..., 11 April 2014
I ordered this in error instead of the Makalu, but it is not a bad pole at all, with the build quality that you would expect from Leki. There's noting to complain about with this pole, and it should give years of use as both a walking pole and holding the end of the tarp up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20