Profile for IAN HILL > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Lego Movie [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2014] [Region Free]
The Lego Movie [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2014] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Come and experience the magnificent LEGO Movie on Blu-ray folks. Enjoy the ride with Emmet and his friends!, 22 July 2014
I feel that the product of The Lego Movie [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2014] [Region Free] is an absolutely magnificent, superb, and outstanding piece of film because I feel there is nothing wrong with the film and it's great to be having this quality product on Blu-ray. Do you agree with me or not?

I mean, everyone has different opinions on the LEGO Movie whether they like it or not.

If this was me, I like the word ''LEGO'' because you can be creative, imaginative, being able to follow LEGO instructions correctly, knowing the idea of which piece to put on any model from a theme or set and ironically LEGO is not by any means offensive or uncultured in the world.

So, overall I am pleased that the LEGO Movie is out this week because I have paid £15.67 to buy the product from Amazon.co.uk since Friday 25th April 2014 (it's the day I pre-ordered it) and I feel that Amazon.co.uk's service is reliable, prompt and trustworthy.

Thank you!!! Five stars all round!!! By Richard Hill

Shaun The Sheep - Shear Heat [DVD]
Shaun The Sheep - Shear Heat [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaun The Sheep Shear Heat is now available on DVD! I suggest YOU order your own copy today., 20 July 2014
I feel that the BBC British popular animated children's television series of Shaun the Sheep is spectacular because did you know in the news that recently a survey involving over 40,000 votes has named Shaun The Sheep as the nation's most popular BBC children's character. It's true! You may ask yourselves ''Why?''.

Well, the point is that, the claymation sheep has triumphed over characters including Postman Pat (1981), Bob the Builder (1998), Sooty and Sweep (1955), The Magic Roundabout (1965), Pingu (1986), The Wombles (1973), and Paddington Bear (1975), in the poll conducted by the Radio Times weekly magazine.

A statement from the creator Richard Starzak says: "I'm chuffed, flattered and delighted, on behalf of everyone who has worked on Shaun the Sheep, for this honour. Many BBC animated characters were a big and important part of my childhood.
It's amazing to think that Shaun will be part of so many people's happy memories.
I'm so grateful to the readers of the Radio Times for voting for Shaun. You've made me very happy!"

Also, for the DVD you have a collection of ten new episodes.
There is even a preview of the brand-new trailer for next year's Shaun the Sheep Movie. Isn't it exciting?

Prior to the topic, the film will open in cinemas across the country on Friday the 6th of February 2015.
The plot seems to take Shaun's mischief inadvertently to the Farmer being taken away.
Shaun, Bitzer and the flock have to go to the big city to rescue him, setting the stage for an epic big screen adventure.

The episodes feature on the DVD are: 'Shaun the Fugitive', 'Mission Inboxible', 'The Rounders Match', 'Film Night', 'Bull versus Wool', 'The Piano, 'The Snapshot', 'Prickly Heat, 'The Hang Glider' and 'The Shadow Play'.

I mean, this product is absolutely fantastic and I feel this is good quality artwork on the DVD.

My opinions are the price for £7.00 because this product is not expensive to purchase, I would recommend it to an audience no matter how old or young you are and the important decision is whether you like Shaun the Sheep or not.

Do you understand the implications of the product, agree or disagree with me?

I suggest you order your own copy as soon as you can and the reality is that I have watched all of the episodes this week at home.

Thank you Amazon.co.uk for your reliable service.

Five stars all round!!! By Richard Hill
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2014 10:10 PM BST

From There to Here [DVD]
From There to Here [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philip Glenister

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to From There to Here, folks. It's time to to uncover the story with Philip Glenister in Manchester in 1996., 18 July 2014
This review is from: From There to Here [DVD] (DVD)
Hello viewers and welcome to my positive review of From There to Here on DVD.

I feel pleased that I have the DVD today because I ordered the product yesterday at 6:05pm and I feel that the artwork on
the front cover and the back cover are excellent.

I mean, Philip Glenister is a very good actor in my opinion because he has been in many other dramas on television such as the superb character of Detective Inspector Gene Hunt from Life on Mars in 2006 to 2007 with John Simm as Detective Inspector Sam Tyler for two series and with the actress Keeley Hawes as Detective Inspector Alex Drake in 2008 to 2010 for three series.

In this drama, he plays a different character and his name is Daniel Cotton.

Now, then, according to the description on the DVD, I am going to tell you what this drama is about. Is that OK?

So, here it goes:
According to Daniel Cotton, there are three battles that shape our lives: nature versus nurture - means life, care and protection; free will versus destiny - means fate and two football teams Manchester City versus Manchester United.
Although, his life is about to change forever. You may ask yourself ''Why?''.

Well, the story takes place on the date of Saturday 15th June 1996, and it's an ordinary day in Manchester.
The England football team are preparing to play Scotland in the Euros.

Apparently, Daniel has brought together his adoptive brother Robbo (the actor's name is Steven Mackintosh) and his father Samuel who is the boss of a sweet factory business (played by Bernard Hill) in the hope of healing a family rift.

However, when they are caught up in an unlikely terrorist attack, this moment that Daniel is facing is that his life will never be the same again.
In helping a friendly cleaner called Joanne (it is the actress Liz White who previously played the character of Woman Police Constable Annie Cartwright in Life on Mars) escapes the debris with Daniel, though the idea is that what would it feel like to be with someone else, someone who has the potential of excitement.

The point of this drama is that there are the trigger for major changes in Daniel's life and the re-invention of Manchester City centre, though the key part of the programme is that the bomb does much more rather than cause devastation.

I feel that on spanning four years with your friends is quite a long time, though that's my opinion.
In the end, the drama of From There to Here brings the life to a family, a city and an era in a way that no-one who watches it will ever forget.

Also before I finish the review, I am pleased to say folks that on the DVD the special features does include the Making of From There to There, a picture gallery and subtitles. Is that good?

So, yes, as I have said before, I feel pleased that the product came today, I feel good that I have paid £12.07 for a decent quality DVD such as this with student discount. I like the idea of Philip Glenister as the star in the main title and I'd recommend the DVD to anyone who likes drama or even an adult audience from the age of 19 and upwards.

Thank you Amazon.co.uk for your reliable and prompt service today. I hope to deal with you again soon.

Five stars all round!!! Bye for now!

LEGO Agents 70163: Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown
LEGO Agents 70163: Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown
Offered by PPBear

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel it's time to stop the dangerous poison in the Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown set. Do you agree, folks?, 13 July 2014
As I have said my positive comments in my previous review of the LEGO Agents 70162: Infearno Interception set I like this product because this set features a futuristic helicopter with rotating blades, there is a unit of dropping three bombs onto the mini-figures in play feature mode, the design of the laboratory is excellent because it features a satellite dish, a revolving door, remote-control mechanical safety claws, and there is a function of launching the crystal off.

There are a total of four mini-figures because you get Toxikita - the villain, Retox, is a male henchman who controls Toxikita's helicopter, Agent Curtis Bolt and a very cool Astor City Scientist.

Also, there are accessories within the set.

This includes Agent Curtis Bolt's helmet with grey goggles, his translucent ice saw and oval shield weapons, Toxikita's toxic blaster, Retox's grey blaster and the Astor City Scientist's safety gear such as a hazmat forensic suit.

So, yes, again I like the appearance of the set and that is why I like the theme of 2014 Agents.

Five stars! Bye for now! By Richard Hill

LEGO Agents 70162: Infearno Interception
LEGO Agents 70162: Infearno Interception

5.0 out of 5 stars The name's Richard, Agent Richard. I feel it's a cool title! What do you think, folks?, 13 July 2014
I feel that I have waited for a very long time for the 2014 LEGO Ultra Agents theme because the last LEGO set that I sort of remember was the 2.0 series of the Aerial Defence Unit from the year and month of November 2009 and this is why I am telling you my initial thoughts for this particular review today.

I mean, I like the idea of the word ''Agent'' because you feel like being in an episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and you never know who you could be working for.

For example, I have watched gritty television drama series in the past such as Spooks and I thought that some of them were very good episodes.

Anyway, back to the review, I like this set because the convertible car is cool, the design of it is authentic, the theme feels new to me, and I feel there could be some features for which I have never experienced for myself such as play-ability.

The two mini-figures of Agent Solomon Blaze and Infearno are cool because they are good characters and over the years LEGO has improved the overall expectation of printing and designing mini-figures. Do you agree with me, folks?

In my general opinion, I feel there is nothing with both of them.

So, yes, that is what I can tell you at the moment. Five stars!

Bye for now! By Richard Hill

Law & Order UK: Series 6 [DVD]
Law & Order UK: Series 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bradley Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, the sixth series of Law and Order UK. Isn't it great to see Bradley Walsh and the team back, folks?, 11 July 2014
I feel that the sixth series of Law and Order UK is excellent because like the previous series the change of characters has not been too hard and it's a different experience for example series one.

I mean, this is good quality entertainment because it's for people who enjoy a "whodunnit" followed by the courtroom dramas attempting to prosecute the offenders.

Also, I give the positive credit to the actor Bradley Walsh because he is a fantastic actor and he delivers his character of Detective Sergeant Ronnie Brooks very well.

Joining him in this series are Detective Sergeant Sam Casey who replaces former Junior Detective Sergeant Matt Devlin from previous series and the actress of Harriet Walter is very good as the character of Detective Inspector Natalie Chandler.
They all work in the Metropolitan Police force in London.

Now then, it's Alesha's final appearance in this series because you get to see her in episode seven ''Fault Lines''.
Apart from her, we introduce and to see two new characters.

They are both called Crown Prosecutor Jacob Thorne and the newly assigned Director of London Crown Prosecution Service Henry Sharpe. I can tell you that he permanently replaces Bill Paterson's character of George Castle.

In summary, I like the DVD product of Law and Order UK series six.

So, I decided to order the product today because I like to add it to my collection at home.

I feel that this series can go along with series four and it's why I did paid the full amount of £13.30. Are we all clear folks?

Thank you Amazon.co.uk for your reliable service and for all of your hard work.

Five stars all round!!! Bye for now! By Richard Hill

Law and Order: UK - Series 4 [DVD]
Law and Order: UK - Series 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bradley Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars I welcome you folks to the fourth British crime drama series of Law and Order UK. Do you think it's good?, 11 July 2014
I feel that the fourth series of Law and Order UK is excellent because the character of Detective Sergeant Ronnie Brooks played by the delightful actor of Bradley Walsh is fantastic.

I mean, he deals with his character perfectly well and I feel that he fits into his part accurately.

Also, the idea behind the British programme of Law and Order UK is that it has good quality entertainment for those who enjoy a "whodunnit" followed by the courtroom dramas attempting to prosecute the offenders and you can re-visit the episodes on this DVD at any time.

Joining Ronnie in this series are Detective Sergeant Matt Devlin who is played the actor Jamie Bamber.
I feel he is a good sidekick to Ronnie especially in earlier series like this one and the actress of Harriet Walter is very good because she is the character of Detective Inspector Natalie Chandler from the Metropolitan Police force in London.

Apart from the background stories from the police, you get to see what the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) thinks about the crimes.
There are three characters who work for the CPS and they are called Crown Prosecutor James Steel, Crown Prosecutor Alesha Phillips, and George Castle, the Director of London Crown Prosecution Service.

I feel that they are good characters within their parts and it's because that they are good actors.

Their names are Ben Daniels who is from Nuneaton in Warwickshire, Freema Agyeman is known for her character as Martha Jones from the BBC television science fiction drama programme of Doctor Who from 2006 until 2010 and the Glasgow (Scotland) Bill Paterson is recognized as the character of Professor Edwin Bracewell from the stories of Victory of the Daleks and the Pandorica Opens with Matt Smith and Karen Gillan in the fifth series of Doctor Who from 2010.

In summary I like the DVD product of Law and Order UK series four.

The truth is I have waited a very long time because I already ordered the seventh series of Law and Order UK on Tuesday 8th October 2013.

This is why I have paid £6.65 today minus the amount from my student discount card instead of the normal price of £7.00.

The fact is that on this DVD you get to see and watch six good episodes. Are we all clear?

So, that is all of my information I can tell you for now folks.

Thank you Amazon.co.uk for your reliable service and for your hard work. Five stars all round!!! Bye!

Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014]
Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Joel Kinnaman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Robocop is back in 2014! Do you like him in this film or are you an original fan of 1987? What are your opinions, folks?, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014] (Blu-ray)
I feel that the Blu-ray product of Robocop is good because I have never seen the original film of Robocop which was shown back in 1987.

I mean, the film was made 27 years ago. Can you see the pattern of history?

I did not see this film in the cinemas because I was very busy and I did not get the chance to see it in action.

The plot of the film is that it's set in the future. The year is 2028 and the scene is set in the American city of Detroit.
This is a city where crime is out on control, though the story is based on a young and dedicated police officer called Alex Murphy.

Mind you, he is determined to fight corruption in a world for which is ruled by chaos.

But, as the plot goes further, he becomes critically injured.

The idea is that a ruthless multi-national company specializing in technological weaponry called Omnicorp transforms Alex into a part-man, part-robot crime fighter.

What the company does not realise is that they don't count on what's inside the machine, though there's still a man who is hungry for justice and the truth.

Retrospectively, there is Alex who would feel that he wants to fight for his own freewill.

But, I am afraid that is what the Blu-ray product description for this film is all about.

Also, I decided to pre-order this product on Saturday 3rd May 2014 because my mum would not allow me to purchase the steelbook.

Afterwards, I decided to get the Blu-ray product of Robocop because this was less money and I paid the full total price of £12.35 with regards of my student discount.

So, I like to say thank you to Amazon.co.uk for your reliable and pleasant service.

Four stars all round!!! Again, thank you for listening and goodbye for now.

The Great Train Robbery [DVD]
The Great Train Robbery [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars A notorious gang hijacks the Royal Mail train. Can the British police force stop the crime and put them in prison in time?, 7 July 2014
I feel that the two BBC British films called ''A Robber's Tale'' and ''A Copper's Tale'' are very well acted stories because you get to see and hear from both sides of the drama.

This is why I am reviewing to you today about the DVD product of the British television drama series of The Great Train Robbery from BBC One and BBC One HD.

I mean, the first part of what I am about to tell you is all about the notorious robbers.

The idea is that at the beginning of the film the robbers are at London Heathrow Airport where the big practice robbery first takes place.

Then what happens is that the smug gang leader Bruce Reynolds who is played by the brillant Welsh actor Luke Evans who is from Monmouthshire is gathering a group of men who are about to target the Royal Mail train which is heading between Glasgow and the city of London.

In my opinion, I feel that he is an ideal actor considering he appeared in the fantasy film of Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug in December 2013 as the character of Bard the Bowman and as the character of Aramis in the 2011 adventure film of the Three Musketeers.

Anyway, the year that the Robber's Tale is set is between sometime in November 1962.
Once the robbery does happen the course of events begin to change to the date of the 8th August 1963 and this is why you get to see them in action within the first 90 minutes of this film on the DVD.

Secondly, the next part is all about the British police force.
I mean, the actor of Jim Broadbent is superb and he is on the quality form as the character of Detective Chief Superintendent Thomas Mauris Joesph Butler.

Alongside him are his police colleagues, and they are Detective Inspector Frank Williams (he is Robert Glenister - the brother of Philip Glenister. And he played the character of the British Home Secretary Nicholas Blake in the BBC spy drama of Spooks in 2006 until 2010).

Next, the East End of London actor Nick Moran is played by Detective Sergeant Jack Slipper.

I saw him recently appeared in the BBC Two 2013 comedy drama series of the Wrong Mans with Mathew Baynton and James Corden. Then, again I saw him in the BBC One television Birmingham crime drama of By Any Means as the murderer of Jamie Caine in the last episode of the first series.

The Warwickshire actor of Tim Pigott-Smith is good because in the year of 2003 I saw him appeared as the character of Pegasus in the comedy film of Johnny English and then this time he appears as the character of Detective Sergeant Maurice Ray.

Mind you, Richard Hope (he played the Doctor Who character of Malohkeh in "The Hungry Earth and Cold Blood" in series 5 in 2010) John Salthouse (he appeared in the 1977 tenth James Bond film of the Spy Who Loved Me) and James Fox (from British television crime drama series of Law and Order UK in 2011 and as the character of Doctor Edward Austen) are all good.
I mean, when I say they're good what I mean is that they are very good actors.

Their characters for this time are Detective Chief Sergeant Malcolm Fewtrell, Detective Chief Inspector Sid Bradbery and Home Secretary Henry Brooke.

Oh not to mention that the actor of Tom Chambers appears as Detective Sergeant Stanley Moore and again he appeared as the character of Inspector Sullivan in the second series of Father Brown with Mark Williams.

Also, I feel that the value that I have paid today was excellent because I did pay £9.78.

This is with regards of my student discount from Amazon.co.uk and with great respect I decided to order this product earlier today because my mum likes it.

So, I am afraid that is all of my information I can tell you about the television series of the Great Train Robbery from the BBC folks.

Is there any questions that you would like to ask me?

If so, please feel free to comment me on this review whenever you feel you that you are ready.

Thank you for listening to me and I'd advise anyone to buy this product.

Bye for now! By Richard Hill

Pack of 3 - MiniSun Branded 5W High Power GU10 Frosted Lens Energy Saving Long Life Bulbs with 6 x 3030 SMD LEDs - 520 Lumens - Warm White
Offered by The Light Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars A good pack of 3 MiniSun branded 5W High Power GU10 Frosted Lens Bulbs. What do you think, folks?, 5 July 2014
I feel that the product of the Pack of 3 - MiniSun Branded 5W High Power GU10 Frosted Lens Bulbs is good because when they're in use, you feel that they're brilliant. Do you agree with me?

I mean, I am not an expert who asks questions about lighting, though, I feel that they're a good indicator if you have no power in one of the rooms in your house.

Who knows of what you might experience in the future?
Thank you Amazon.co.uk for your reliable service. Four stars!!! From Richard Hill

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20