Profile for pureunited > Reviews

Content by pureunited

pureunited "pureunited" (Manchester, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Jam Collection
The Jam Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars The Butterfly Collection, 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Jam Collection (Audio CD)
Although I loved The Jam as a kid, I was always a singles fan rather than LPs( still remember the feeling of excitement when I heard Going Underground had gone straight in at NO1!). This compilation is near perfect in that it contains superb b sides and key LP tracks...The Butterfly Collector, Tales From The Riverbank, Man In The Cornershop, Liza Radley, Carnation, Thick As Thieves, Pretty Green, English Rose etc within its generous 25 tracks, which provide the depth beyond a the 7 inch singles.

Narrative Verse - Vol 1
Narrative Verse - Vol 1
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 1 July 2014
David Shaw-Parker's reading of The Highwayman is absolutely superb. Well worth downloading ; it truly evokes the spectral atmosphere of this classic narrative poem.

Moving On
Moving On
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ..Leave a little light on.., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Moving On (MP3 Download)
The first time I heard this track, I only half listened and it didn't register with me. The second time, it hit me like juggernaut. This IS classic JAMES. Love the usual insightful Tim Booth lyrics and can't get the chorus out of my head. The trumpet coda that underpins the "leave a little light on " line is superb. For me this is the single of the year.

Holy City
Holy City
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars What a tune!, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Holy City (MP3 Download)
This record is a real life affirming song.
Although 70s Soul pastiche/tributes are common, this record rises above the norm...Its carried of with real panache.

Diy Songs
Diy Songs
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.
Price: 14.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin!, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Diy Songs (Audio CD)
I am not the best DIYER and I find that this CD is perfect for turning up to maximum volume in order to drown out the curses, swearing and sobbing as I botch another job.

Jersey's Best: The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
Jersey's Best: The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
Price: 10.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Tunes, 28 Nov 2013
This contains some amazing 45s: The Night, Stay, You're Ready Now, Working My way to you, Beggin etcetera.
Don't know whether to laugh at or pity the 3 star reviewers who prefer the Jearsey Boys stage show versions: Philistines!

EASYi - Mains Wall Power Charger for New Sony Walkman E Series
EASYi - Mains Wall Power Charger for New Sony Walkman E Series
Offered by Akis UK
Price: 7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS PRODUCT- BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK., 20 Nov 2013
I have had this product since Dec 2009 with no problems. BUT half an hour ago this literally blew up as I plugged it in. The cover blew clean off, there was a loud explosion and a flash. I have a burn mark on my hand and ringing in my ears. I came on to warn other potential buyers of this danger and noticed that the exact same thing has happened to another buyer.
I will be contacting Amazon about the suitablity of selling this product.

Ask About Me [Explicit]
Ask About Me [Explicit]
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the real thing., 29 Oct 2013
This music is incredible. If you thought the OLD Prince was a musical genius, then wait until you hear this work of art.
It has inspired me to change my name to John Lennon and get together with my mates, Elvis Presley(the Stockport one) and Marvin Gaye(Wakefield) to form a new band: The Smiths.

I Love The '80s
I Love The '80s
Price: 6.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Live or re-recordings- not originals, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: I Love The '80s (MP3 Download)
Be aware that this is one of those cheap cash in cds.
I notice that the amount of time each sample plays is much less than normal. In fact it was so quick you have to listen carefully to find out they are not the original versions. I wonder why that could be?!
I don't know what the reviewers who gave this 5 stars were smoking but I definitely don't want any.
If you just want a general 80s comp, a lot of these tracks ( and many more) are the on101 80s Anthems in their original forms.

Pop & Wave
Pop & Wave
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compilation, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Pop & Wave (Audio CD)
As a big fan of the early 80s electronic genre I am always interested in these types of compilations. This is a part of a German series of 80s compilations which are from the 90s but had managed to totally pass me by. They do contain some of the usual suspects such as True but also contain some real obscure gems. I mainly bought this for the 9 minute long 12 inch version of Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat. For some reason this is hard to find and wasn't on the recent expanded reissue of Age of Consent. I have to say it is a genius track and was worth the cost (second hand) of this Cd alone. Howevertheir are plenty of other great tunes on this. Well worth investigating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7