Profile for Gemma > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1903

Gemma (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Lonely Planet Croatia (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Croatia (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars Well used guide whilst travelling Croatia, 25 May 2015
Just used this guide on a road trip through Croatia and it was excellent. Provided good tips on the best places to visit during our trip. I only got a couple of great restaurant recommendations from here (Villa Spiza in Split - brilliant!).

The only downside are the maps, which are frustrating to use! So for example, in Split it gives a map of the palace area and small icons with numbers for places Lonely Planet recommends. To then find out what the symbol is for you have to turn the page and find it on the key. You then have to find it further on (or back!) in the book to read the segment about it. Or vice versa, if you want to find it on the map you first have to find the key (as the description doesn't have the map number on it, which would be helpful!), and then find it on the map. I'm sure the adding of the map key number to the descriptions would be easy to do for future versions?

Poweradd C1 25W/ 5A High-Speed 3-Port USB Car Charger (with MAX Output 2.4A) for Smart-phones, Tablets, MP3 Player, Bluetooth Speakers, GPS, Gopro Camera and More - Black
Offered by Poweradd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly!, 25 May 2015
I got to test this little device on a recent road trip through Croatia. I was using my iPhone as Sat Nav so I needed a car charger to keep my phone going.

This little gadget is small, but you can charge up to 3 USB devices on it. Once plugged in it has a blue light to reassure you it is working. It kept my phone at 100% battery for my trips and was an essential item!

Back home I will keep this in my car for emergency charging of phones/other devices in the future particularly on long journeys.

For the price this is a great device and I highly recommend it.

ORDEL® Achilles Felt Laptop Stand Sleeve Case Cover For All Apple Macbook Pro & Air & Retina & Apple iPad 2 3 4 Air Mini 2 3 (iPad 2/3/4/Air)
Offered by Ordel

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy iPad sleeve!, 14 May 2015
Before I had this sleeve I was using an old one which was hard to prop my iPad up with, and if I was using my iPad in the kitchen to follow a recipe (which I do most days) I was having to balance it up with tea towels or on my dish drainer which wasn't practical.

This sleeve feels thick and well made. When the iPad is tucked away inside it feels like it would be well protected. Then, if you need to prop your iPad up, simple change the sleeve as the picture shows and it stays up easily. I must admit it struggles to stay propped up when I have the iPad vertical but horizontally it's no problem.

The only thing I would say is that the colour isn't great. The grey is a nasty colour, would have preferred something a bit nicer and more stylish.

BISSELL 18 V MultiReach 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vaccum 13127
BISSELL 18 V MultiReach 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vaccum 13127

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and handy, and easy to store away!, 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I live in a small 2 bed flat so straight off this vacuum wins for taking up a small amount of storage space. The handle collapses in half, so takes up less space than other upright vacuum cleaners.

It's already very light and so easy to maneuver. The only slight problem we have is the suction doesn't seem as powerful as our other cyclinder vacuum cleaner. For this reason we haven't discarded our old vacuum. We use this vacuum as a 'quick nip around' daily vacuum, and the other one for a more thorough clean. We hope to move into a house in the coming months so I imagine this will incredibly handy to move around a bigger house.

Toni & Guy Classic Wave Memoriser, 100ml
Toni & Guy Classic Wave Memoriser, 100ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't give me nice waves!, 30 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Maybe I used this product wrong, but I found it useless.

I have naturally wavy/curly hair but it tends to be a bit unruly/frizzy. I used this product on my towel dried hair and scrunched my hair. I continued doing this as I blow dried. Once I had finished I still thought my hair looked a mess, so I ended up straightening it and then using a curling iron. My curls fell out, especially compared to normal, and I ended up with slight wavy hair.

I wouldn’t purchase this, and I doubt I’ll be using it again!

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement Fruit Punch, 330g
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement Fruit Punch, 330g

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure on the taste and benefits, 24 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've given this 3 stars as me and my husband are divided.

Personally I've never felt the need for a pre-workout supplement. Even when I was training for a half marathon I would stick to a breakfast of porridge and a cup of coffee. The only supplements I use are whey protein which I often add to smoothies. My husband has protein shakes most days. He was recently training for a marathon, and also does quite a bit of weight training so thought this might be useful.

Personally I don't like the taste of it. I also don't see the point in using it. My husband however, likes the taste and likes the ingredients, as he's often used creatine supplements in the past. Despite, this he has agreed it's not something he sees the value of using often, as he uses supplements post work out and feels this is a bit overkill, and so wouldn't purchase this.

Scholl Velvet Smooth with Diamond Crystals Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth with Diamond Crystals Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover

4.0 out of 5 stars Noticeably smoother feet, 20 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit I don’t get particularly dry feet, but I do get some dryness on the balls of each foot. This little nifty device claims to be able to smooth away that skin making it soft again.

Set-up was easy, simply put in the four batteries that are provided and twist the silver section to switch it on. Immediately the tool begins spinning, making a slight noise that was enough to alarm my cat!

I was a little nervous when I went to use it but it’s actually much gentler than I imagined and didn’t grind my skin off as I feared! I spent a little while using it but didn’t notice too much of a difference but I expect that’s because my feet aren’t that bad. However, after moisturising later I could notice a difference and my skin felt much softer and smoother than usual.

Finally, the packaging of the product is frustrating! Wish companies would make packaging easier to open.

VAX Floormate Cordless Floor Cleaner
VAX Floormate Cordless Floor Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy floor cleaner!, 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve owned carpet cleaners by Vax before, but this is the first cleaner purely for hard floors that I have owned. The fact it is cordless was something appealing as I had images of this being much easier to use and store away without faffing around with the cable.

This was used on wood flooring, and on tiles in the kitchen and bathroom. After it is charged, you simply put in the cleaner liquid and off you go. I was very impressed with how well it scrubs the floor, and the drier/sucker works really well! I wasn’t expecting so much power from something that is battery powered but I was surprised at how well it works.

It is slightly heavy, but I suppose it was as heavy as I expected it to be really. These sorts of appliances are never going to be very light. I find the charge on the battery lasts around half an hour, but this is usually plenty of time for me.

Definitely a handy gadget for cleaning hard floors. It’s very easy to use and gives good results.

Tsunami Kids: Our Journey from Survival to Success
Tsunami Kids: Our Journey from Survival to Success
by Paul Forkan

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and inspirational, 4 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was an incredible true story about a family that was in the Boxing Day tsunami. It also tells the tale of Gandy's flip flops.

It's one of those stories that will stay with me. I would highly recommend giving this a read.

Bakers Dentacrunch Dry Dog Food Chicken and Country Vegetables 1 kg (Pack of 4)
Bakers Dentacrunch Dry Dog Food Chicken and Country Vegetables 1 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves it!, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our Bassett Hound has always been fed dry complete dog food. He will usually ‘nibbles’ away at the portion of food throughout the day and has been that way for years. That was until we used this Bakers dog food. He ate the whole portion in one go! Never has he done this before and he seems to really enjoy this dog food.

The low actual % of actual dog meat in the food is slightly concerning, but I guess this is why it’s a cheaper dog food. We will probably buy this as he seems to enjoy it, but continue with better quality food at the same time and mix it up a bit.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30