ARRAY(0xa6290234)

Profile for Lesley > Reviews

Content by Lesley

Lesley (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Twelve Years a Slave: A True Story (Collins Classics)
Twelve Years a Slave: A True Story (Collins Classics)
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 27 Mar 2014
I have found this difficult to write - yes I did enjoy it, but it is always amazing how cruel humans are. A true story, with all the shame that goes with it. One thing that stopped it getting a 5 star rating is that I read it on my Kindle and found that, towards the end of the book, I had already finished with many many pages to go. It was just a load of nonsense after the story had finished - not necessary at all. But I think that everyone (including teenagers) should read it to show what happened in the 'deep south'.

MALICIOUS
MALICIOUS
Price: 1.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: MALICIOUS (Kindle Edition)
I really struggled to get into this book. I couldn't identify with the characters and the main character seemed to have no personality. I didn't like how it was written either. It was very American. Not impressed and I don't want to read any other books by the same author. The ending was a bit naff as well. Sorry.

Watching Over You
Watching Over You
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Watching Over You (Kindle Edition)
I was a bit disappointed in this book as it seemed to be so popular. It isn't very well written and it's a bit predictable. The characters aren't very realistic either. It's ok for an easy read but not that riveting.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun slippers, 24 Nov 2013
I bought these for my daughter who loves pigs! They are really cute and she loved them. Mine were very 'pink' so I don't know what the last reviewer was expecting. I'm not sure how comfortable they are to wear however.

Red & White Heart Rattan Fairy Lights 20 Lanterns
Red & White Heart Rattan Fairy Lights 20 Lanterns
Offered by ChainuponStringLights
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lights, 24 Nov 2013
These are really pretty and seem to be very good quality too. Bought as a pressie, they are a lovely gift. However, they take an age to come (at least 3 weeks or more) so make sure you order them in time.

100 Glow Sticks in Mixed Colours & 100 Bracelets Connectors
100 Glow Sticks in Mixed Colours & 100 Bracelets Connectors
Offered by glowsticks
Price: 5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain, 4 Nov 2013
Bought these for an 80s party and they were worn by everyone - even the DJ. We all loved them and they were so cheap. People put them in their hair, made bracelets, earrings, necklaces, etc etc. One is still hanging in my bedroom and is still glowing 3 days later!

Smiffy's Bright Bones Gid Dress with Led Lights (Small)
Smiffy's Bright Bones Gid Dress with Led Lights (Small)
Offered by Party Cheer
Price: 10.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Nov 2013
Excellent for a Halloween party with skeleton tights. Reasonably priced and the light glowed all night. I scruffed up my hair and wore black and white cheap make up & really felt the part.

Halloween skeleton - Black Embellished Designer Opaque Tights
Halloween skeleton - Black Embellished Designer Opaque Tights
Offered by LissKiss
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 4 Nov 2013
These were great for my Halloween skeleton outfit. They are really good quality and looked brilliant. I have got long legs so they were a little bit short but I coped. Would be perfect for anyone with up to 31" inside legs.

Just 4 Fun Leisurewear Purple 3 Layer Tutu Set, Leg Warmer & Fishnet Gloves Size 8 To 16
Offered by Faith Cosmetics
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit naff, 4 Nov 2013
The leg warmers & arm things were Ok for an eighties do but the skirt just stuck out & was totally unwearable. As I am a size 10 and it didn't fit me, I think it would have been an even bigger problem for anyone bigger.

The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009]
The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Helena Bonham Carter
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Buy this with 'The Gruffalo's child' because they are near to perfection. Just right for cuddling up with your children on the settee and watching. They will probably be on TV this Christmas but, it's nice to have your own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4