Profile for Ramases J > Reviews

Content by Ramases J

Ramases J "Bootsy" (London, Uk)

Haile I Hymn (Chapter One)
Haile I Hymn (Chapter One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly.. The Most Spiritual Reggae Album.. (of All Time), 3 Jan 2014
If you know this album... you will have an idea of why this piece carries the title it does...If you don't - then jump in and prepare yourself for a unique experience. To say you will be captivated is understatement. This music is upful, mesmerising - Kings Music and goes deep into the phyche - washing you with a purity and cleanliness that is not common.

From the opening chords of Jah Heavy Load the journey starts... Ijahman's vocals soaring over Sly and Robbie's bass lines and measured drums lead you into a soulful place adorned by flutes, saxophones, flugel horns and decorated with archaic vocals that glisten like silver droplets of morning dew... and so it goes on from Jah is No Secret spreading its hypnotic charm. By the time we reach Zion Hut - most would have fallen under the spell and surrendered to the sheer beauty and joy unfolding... Listen for that subtle movement that takes us so effortlessly into I'm a Levi... it's like being wrapped in a red, gold and green cotton wool quilt surrounded by angels and players of instruments while walking on clouds.. Like it? Mi Love it! Ijahman (and all involved) were truly inspired in creating Haile I Hymn... This is true heartical expression. As Bob said 'Hit me with music - I feel no pain!

Classical Reggae Music. 5 stars