Profile for Janet X > Reviews

Panache Evie Strapless Bra
Panache Evie Strapless Bra
Price: £17.13 - £27.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the padding, 18 Jun 2011
The "nude" colour is much nicer than most, almost pink rather than browny beige. I am a 32GG but bought 32H as strapless bras are often small in the cup. In fact, cup size fine though back a touch big... but quite a decent fit overall. The padding is quite terrifying when you open it up in my size, but provides a very supportive fit. I wouldn't say it gives a lot of uplift (didn't expect it in this size!) but everything is secure and comfortable. Nice not to have that weird silicon band at the top that so many strapless bras have. I bought this to wear with one specific dress, but was pleased enough to go out and by a spaghetti strap top for the first time in years! The crossback position is a little high for my racerback-style tops, unfoortunately.

50's Floral Dress Halterneck White & Black or Black & White
50's Floral Dress Halterneck White & Black or Black & White
Offered by Tiger Milly

4.0 out of 5 stars really pleased with this, 18 Jun 2011
Great dress for the price; I am quite big busted and find it really hard to get dresses to fit my top half that don't swamp me lower down, but this "does the business". If you want the full skirt effect for a special "do" you do need some sort of additional petticoat (I'm too tight to buy one so cut down my wedding next petticoat - works perfectly!) but would make a lovely summer dress without. I was amazed that a black bra didn't show through either, as fabric is very light. WOuld get 5 stars but for one side of bodice being cut slightly larger than the other, due to zip - you can just make this out in the pics if you look closely. Still well worth the money, especially if you are larger up top and sick of looking like a tent! I got a size 18, but have a size 12 waist and it works perfectly. Amazon's service was superb too - ordered late Thursday night and was wearing the dress by lunchtime on Saturday, delivery free! It came in the tiniest of packs but bounced back to shape at once. Best service from Amazon yet.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars comfort all the way!, 19 Sep 2010
Got these for work and they are easily the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. Well suited to my narrow feet. The best thing is the shock absorption is way better than normal DMs and worked better at fixing my dodgy back than the chiro. Recommended.

LeapFrog Leapster Game: Disney Fairies
LeapFrog Leapster Game: Disney Fairies
Offered by Fitz Bits

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun for the younger age range, 1 Feb 2010
Bought this for my 4 year old, who loved it but completed every task very quickly; it's now providing a lot more entertainment for my 2 yr old. Recommended for younger girls, but won't last a brighter, older child all that long.

LeapFrog Leapster2 Carry Case (Pink)
LeapFrog Leapster2 Carry Case (Pink)
Offered by ToyMonster

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the... er... case, 1 Feb 2010
My girls are not known for putting things away, but the pinkness and "coolness" of this case mean that both of them (4 & 2) are happy to put the console and games cartridges away without being reminded, all as part of their game. Very lightweight but provides plenty of protection for day to day use and it's possible to play the console still sitting in its case. If I had to suggest one improvement, it's a shame the console doesn't strap in like the games do, for when it's picked up upside down.

VTech - Disney Princess Laptop
VTech - Disney Princess Laptop

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as sturdy as it looks..., 14 Nov 2009
We bought this for my 2 yr 9 month daughter and she absolutely loved it. I especially liked the fact that it had a "qwerty" keyboard, the saccharine music can be turned off and the whole thing looked robust. However, within 5-6 months I had to get it replaced as the games kept "jumping" from one to the other. A year later and the magic wand on the replacement doesn't work. As the integrated mouse is DREADFULLY placed for a left handed child like mine, she hardly plays with it now - as shame, as she enjoyed the activities. Well built shell, but the electronics aren't quite tough enough for the job.

In Wibbly's Garden (Wibbly Pig)
In Wibbly's Garden (Wibbly Pig)
by Mick Inkpen

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely book for curious little ones, 4 Nov 2009
Like some other reviewers, I was sceptical that the flaps would survive my then 2 year old's enthusiastic attempts at finding all the hidden things, but she's nearly 5 now and her sister almost 2; the book is (just!) intact, but much loved and thumbed. Yes, it's offbeat, but my girls love doing the characters voices, ADORE the insects (esp the "one of these" weevil) and the end of the book is invariably greeted with "Again, again". Great.

Tots Bots Fleece Nappy Liners (10 Pack)
Tots Bots Fleece Nappy Liners (10 Pack)

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointing, 8 May 2009
these did a great job of keeping my little girls' bums dry and washed up beautifully clean, but eventually disintegrated in the wash! We've mainly gone back to paper liners now - but if your baby hates feeling wet, these would be a worthwhile buy.

Bambino Mio Mioliners (160 Pack)
Bambino Mio Mioliners (160 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars very economical, 8 May 2009
I've used these with Kushies, Tots Bots and plain terry nappies with no problems. The best thing about them is that they can actually be washed a couple of times if just "wee'd" on before they start to degrade at all, so one pack lasts months! Neither of my girls have ever had any nappy rash problems, which speaks for itself. The only (very minor) niggle is that there is a very flimsy plastic wrapper; you can imagine what happens when my toddler gets hold of the roll!

Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump with 125ml/4oz Breast Milk Container
Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump with 125ml/4oz Breast Milk Container

4.0 out of 5 stars a functional item; does the job but could be refined, 15 Oct 2008
I've relied on this pump for two children; it is robust and has coped with me using it day in, day out for a total of 2 years and still going strong! My main criticism would be that the cushion section is a great idea but tends to leak (I have 2 pumps, one at home and one at work and they're just the same) which can lead to some sogginess when you come to redress- a pain when I've just popped out of a meeting to express, though no big deal at home. Easy to use, even hubby can reassemble. I've regularly got up to 16oz in one 1/2 hour session (so fit larger bottle if you're well endowed!) but, if your supply drops, it can be a teeny bit uncomfy - suspect all pumps similar in this regard.

Page: 1 | 2