Profile for Mr. P. Hoggan > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Hoggan

Mr. P. Hoggan "Deltic055" (Scotland, UK)

Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 - UK Layout
Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 - UK Layout

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, 25 Oct. 2009
Purchased this product, along with ergonomic mouse, about 4/5 weeks ago to alleviate symptoms of wrist RSI. So far I am very impressed with the keyboard. Key features I like are contoured keyboard for a natural hand feel; the soft plastic wrist rest for prolonged use (90mins+) and the tilt away keyboard just feels so much more natural under my hands.
I am self taught touch typer and the split keyboard does take time and patience to re-learn, I'm not there yet. The keyboard requires a more positive key press than laptops I have been used to, but again this is just a different product, different ways thing.
I am making much more use of the shortcut keys on this keyboard than I ever have before - 2 reasons. Firstly they are all practical and work well, secondly they are programmable and within easy reach. This means I can keep my hands in a comfortable position on the keyboard for longer, before moving to use the mouse. If you suffer from RSI, you will appreciate that.
The Zoom toggle in centre of the keyboard is a bit of a gimmick - but I am starting to use it more as I move between documents and webpages and their various font and image sizes. Again, anything which reduces movement I will try to learn!
Overall, very pleased with the product and wish I had invested in one much earlier.
Secret of ergonomic keyboard and mouse is to get one BEFORE you need it. Sooner they bring on STAR TREK voice activated computers the better!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples!, 25 Oct. 2009
Purchased this mouse about 4/5 weeks ago to ease discomfort due to wrist RSI. The larger (of two) sizes definitely more comfortable for me. The thumb operated left/right mouse click came to me very quickly and if your workspace is set up correctly, using the arm to move the mouse much simpler, easier than wrist action. The scroll button not so easy to master, but that may be down to me alone.
The only improvement might be a softer plastic or gel pad wher the heel of the hand rests for prolonged periods (90mins+)
Otherwise I am delighted with the mouse and only wish I had bought it sooner.

Portrait Of Steam - Sounds Of The Steam Age
Portrait Of Steam - Sounds Of The Steam Age
Offered by Virtuoso Classics

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound Portrait paints a 1000 words!, 11 July 2009
Excellent quality product,well described, sound reproductions very high standard as per usual for ARGO Transacord products. Good variety of locations and locomotive activities to stir the memory - very useful as backing track for model rail.