Profile for Mrs R Mellor > Reviews

Content by Mrs R Mellor

Mrs R Mellor

Wooden Beaded Tassel Blind Brown Cream Diamonds Fly Insects Door Curtain For Home & Caravan 0028
Offered by HallwaysHouseholdTextiles
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy., 24 Jun 2014
I chose this bead curtain because of its attractive look. It was fitted easily and hangs and sways in the breeze and looks really well.
I would have liked it if it had just been a little longer but this doesn't take away the attractive look it has.
Quite a few of my friends have seen the curtain and have admired it a lot.

Windmills (The Dutch Holocaust)
Windmills (The Dutch Holocaust)

5.0 out of 5 stars A harrowing story that must never be forgotten., 18 April 2014
I enjoyed this book very much. At first the story seemed to skip from one scene to another one but afterwards I realised why it was like this. Some of the scenes presented were very harrowing but I understand that this was necessary. Once again I realise what a dreadful time the poor Jews and other races were put through. The arrogance of the leaders and guards was absolutely appalling.
Realising that this is so true to history I am so pleased that I have read it and thank you for the opportunity.

Price: 109.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My new Kindle paperwhite., 26 Dec 2013
The Kindle Paperwhite is so east to read and with the special case it automatically switches the book on and off. So much easier for my old fingers. Thankyou.

Alex Ferguson My Autobiography
Alex Ferguson My Autobiography
by Alex Ferguson
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars He liked the parts about present day players, 26 Nov 2013
The book was a present for my son and he says that it is very enjoyable reading. He liked the parts about present day players, managers and other well known people. He had a laugh and some less pleasant reactions.

The Royal Air Force 1939 to 1945 Vol III 'The Fight is Won' (HMSO Official History of WWII - Military)
Price: 1.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuing the story of the RAF., 20 Aug 2013
I chose the rating of 4stars because the detail was good except it had been copied with quite a few mistakes but it did not spoil the vast amount of information that had gone into the writing of the book. For anyone who wants to learn more about the RAF and its progress I can thoroughly recommend it.

The Royal Air Force 1939 to 1945 Vol II 'The Fight at Avails' (HMSO Official History of WWII - Military)
Price: 1.24

4.0 out of 5 stars The RAF in great detail., 20 Aug 2013
This has been a great help to me as I am compiling a book of the Dead of Clowne for WW11. The subject is very well covered and the detail is easy to follow.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2013 7:08 AM BST

Living Hell: The Prisoners of Santo Tomas (Based on the Diaries of Isla Corfield)
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Living Hell, 8 July 2013
I chose the 1star rating because the printing is so small that I cannot read it. I have managed to make the print larger but when I do this the print on all my other books becomes absolutely huge.,I haven't found a way to ask if you can help me. I am sure that the rating will be 5star. Can you help me,please?

Arnhem 1944: A Bridge too Far? (World War Two from Primary Sources)
Arnhem 1944: A Bridge too Far? (World War Two from Primary Sources)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Research., 8 Jun 2013
This book was a great help to my research that I am doing on WW2. The detail was exactly what I wanted to find details of soldiers from my home town who were killed in WW2.

Shot at Dawn: Executions in World War One by Authority of the British Army Act
Shot at Dawn: Executions in World War One by Authority of the British Army Act
by Julian Putkowski
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Research., 8 Jun 2013
I am researching WW2 and am reading many books to help me to compile a book of the dead of my home place. This just covers one more aspect that I have not covered yet.