Profile for H. Dallimore > Reviews

Content by H. Dallimore

H. Dallimore "Ley" (Exeter, UK)

Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White
Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White
Price: 17.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my music life, 26 Jun 2011
I got these because I was tired of my ears being painful at club nights and the next day having that ringing sound add to my hangover. I wore them to a small DJ gig which was exceptionally loud and heavy on the bass and I haven't ever enjoyed a gig more.

I could hear the music perfectly but without the distortion of too high a volume, even near the speakers. I could also hear my friends talking to me over the music. I kept the ear plugs in the whole night and found I could still have conversations with people in quieter areas without having to remove my ear plugs. No one noticed I was wearing them until I finally removed them as I was leaving and I was astounded at how loud the music was when I did.

I did have to learn to speak loudly again, as you can hear yourself much more clearly, but that is a very minor point, and not a negative.

They are very comfortable, and the key ring travel case is a great idea, keeps them clean and I always have them with me. I used the mid range filter which were perfect, but it is a great idea also to have three levels of filter depending on your preference.

I can't recommend these highly enough, and for the price, well worth it as they will save your hearing and improve your nights out.

Electron Krypton 2 Led Headlight And 5 Led Rear Twin Pack Lights
Electron Krypton 2 Led Headlight And 5 Led Rear Twin Pack Lights
Offered by Alimay Sports
Price: 12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 7 Aug 2010
When these lights arrived I was initially very disappointed at how enormous the front light is, it is approximately six inches by three inches and an inch and a half deep and looks a little silly on a female bike.

I was further disappointed that the front bracket is designed for very thick bike tubes, even with the supplied rubber inserts and would not fit on my bike. The rear bracket will just about fit on a average thin tube but I'm not certain it will stay in place.

What finally pushed me to ask for a refund was when the front light didn't work, the halogen was very dim and the LED setting didn't work at all.

Not recommended, if you're buying lights for regular use spend a bit more money and get quality. I will be.

Pages for You
Pages for You
by Sylvia Brownrigg
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply my favourite book, 8 Mar 2009
This review is from: Pages for You (Paperback)
This simply is my favourite book.

Written in short chapters it is completely compelling and I was unable to put it down, and each time I pick it up again I have to read the whole thing again.

Brownrigg gives us believable, flawed, detailed characters and a view of a first love and a relationship we can all relate to, gay or straight.

The writing is brilliantly desriptive and intense, you can smell the park in the autumn and feel the angst and lust right along with the lead character.

Every friend I lend this to ends up buying their own copy to read and lend to their friends so if someone hasn't lent this you already then buy it, read it, and lend it out.