Profile for Carol Wood > Reviews

Carol Wood

A Father's Betrayal
A Father's Betrayal

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 12 Aug. 2014
Just finished this book and what a read. It is harrowing, unbelievable, inspiring all in equal measures. I know someone in the family so I knew it had a good ending; had I not known this I think it would have been a very difficult book to read. You can't quite believe how anyone could survive such cruelty and hardship. I really would love there to be a follow up as many others have said; we need to know if Yas and Anwer have found peace and happiness and did Muna's father and husband get what they deserve. It is shocking to think this still happens in the world today.

Blood of Kings
Blood of Kings

5.0 out of 5 stars .. a magnificent read, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Blood of Kings (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoy historical novels and I have read many by the leading authors over the years. Conn Illogen, Ben Kane, Simon Scarrow, SJA Turney, Jack Highton etc.
Blood of Kings was a brilliant read from start to finish. It was a "couldn't put the book down" novel.
Congratulations to Andrew James (no I'm not a relative or friend !! )

WARHORN: Sons of Iberia
WARHORN: Sons of Iberia

2.0 out of 5 stars Good plot,bad execution, 26 Jan. 2014
It's only when you read a book like this that you really appreciate the good historical novelists.
The plot line is good but the dialogue is very lazy,with some very odd words thrown in.
Most importantly there were literally hundreds of spelling and punctuation mistakes which completely ruined the flow of the book.
The author and publisher should be ashamed of themselves

Empire of the Moghul: The Tainted Throne (Empire of the Moghul Series Book 4)
Empire of the Moghul: The Tainted Throne (Empire of the Moghul Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 27 Nov. 2013
As the fourth book of five I still raced through it in a short time.an excellent read.these books are some of the best I've read.

The Priest's Tale (The Ottoman Cycle Book 2)
The Priest's Tale (The Ottoman Cycle Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good yarn p, 22 Oct. 2013
A fast paced tale with easy reading style.I read the book in no time.can't wait for next book to be released.

The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs

4.0 out of 5 stars an eye opener, 1 Aug. 2013
As is rapidly becoming clear, all the successful cyclists were doping at the time. This book whilst written in simple terms exposes Lance as a bully and capo di capo of the peleton. Previously I wouldn't hear a bad word about Lance, this book has changed my view!!