Profile for Andy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Buffalo TS5200D0402-EU 4TB TeraStation 5200 2 Bay Desktop NAS
Buffalo TS5200D0402-EU 4TB TeraStation 5200 2 Bay Desktop NAS

1.0 out of 5 stars A very poor product, 12 Feb 2013
The Buffalo Terastation 5200 is a very poor and buggy product, totally unfit for use in an office environment.

My company first purchased the unit in early July 2012; while testing it before rollout, we immediately encountered a problem whereby if a user changed their password on the Terastation to match their Windows password, as is recommended, they could no longer map to the Terastation- after several fruitless hours speaking to Buffalo's uninterested technical 'support', they still refused to acknowledge that there was a problem, and insisted that that was how it was designed to work! By then it was too late to return the unit. As the Terastation was totally unusable, it was left unused in our comms room.

By accident, in September 2012, we noticed that a firmware update (v2.10) had been released by Buffalo in August, that addressed our issue: "fixed the shared folder password authorization problem after changing password"- so Buffalo knew there was a problem but their unhelpful technical 'support' team had been refusing to admit it.

So now that the initial bug was fixed and users could finally connect to the Terastation properly, we began another phase of testing before rollout, but we soon encountered a major new problem: the access permissions on folders and files do not work properly, quite an important issue for a company like ours. Although we set up users, groups and access permissions in a very simple way, the Terastation 5200 does not apply permissions correctly: seemingly at random, after one user saves a file, it will become read-only to everyone else, even administrators.

We even tried setting up a new shared folder without any access restrictions at all, but the Terastation still randomly makes some files and folders read-only to certain users. Even putting all users in the Admin group, and explicitly giving read and write permissions to all users and groups does not solve it.

Further firmware updates from Buffalo (v2.11, v2.13, v2.20 and v2.30) have all failed to address the problem.

So now, in February 2013, seven months after we purchased it, we still have a very expensive piece of kit, totally unusable due to bugs in Buffalo's product.

Buffalo = Fail.

Dance Club Feat. Kate Lesing (Best Of Vol.1) (50 Hands Up, Techno & Electro Tunes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album but poor buying experience, 16 Dec 2012
The album is great, but Amazon's MP3 purchase procedure needs to be fixed. It takes at least 10-20 minutes for an MP3 purchase to be 'processed' which can lead to problems: I first bought a single track and after that, using a "20% off your next purchase" voucher, I bought this album. However, because of the delay in Amazon's procedure, the voucher was actually applied to the *previous* purchase of the single track that I bought, rather than the *next* purchase, which was the album, so I lost out. Not good, Amazon...

MET-Rx Isotonic 425 g Orange Focus and Stamina Drink Powder
MET-Rx Isotonic 425 g Orange Focus and Stamina Drink Powder

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty AND effective, 22 May 2012
It tastes good and really does sustain you through a 3-4 hour sports session. It's just slightly awkward to mix though: you need to use a funnel because the included scoop doesn't have a lip for accurate pouring...

Energizer CGAS005 Digital Camera Battery Equivalent to Panasonic CGA-S005, DMW-BCC12, Fuji NP70, Ricoh DB-60, Leica BP-DC4 Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as an original Ricoh battery, 4 Aug 2011
I bought this as a spare battery for my Ricoh camera- I haven't noticed any discernible difference in the number of photos that the Energizer takes per charge versus the original Ricoh...

Profoot Pair of Men's Gel Max Anti-Fatigue Heel Cushions
Profoot Pair of Men's Gel Max Anti-Fatigue Heel Cushions
Offered by Pharmacy Place

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and ineffective for me, 1 Feb 2011
I suppose it depends on the exact nature of your heel problem, but for me, I was very disappointed with these heel pads, especially for the premium price. I found that, after using the pads for a few days, rather than improving things, my heel discomfort was actually getting worse: this is because the blue raised pad area is not wide enough to support the entire heel, and consequently was digging into my heel rather than supporting it. Also, the blue pads are quite hard, so they didn't provide the soft cushioning that I wanted.

I subsquently discovered that in poundshops, you can get 'memory foam heel pads' which provide much more comfort and relief from heel pain, at a fraction of the price...

Note that, curently (01 Feb 2011), Amazon is showing the incorrect photo for the product- to clarify: I bought Profoot Men's Gel Max Anti-Fatigue Heel Cushions, NOT the Women's Slimfit Insoles shown in the photo!!!

Sigma Onyx Easy Digital Heart Rate Monitor
Sigma Onyx Easy Digital Heart Rate Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 28 Nov 2010
When it works it's very good, providing me with the exact details I require: workout duration, average heart rate, maximum heart rate attained, calories burned (but how does it work this out?) and amount of time spent in the recommended heart rate range.

However, this is my second monitor: the first was working well for a few weeks until suddenly it first started forgetting the time and date, and then, worst of all, losing my workout data. To Amazon's credit though, the monitor was replaced quickly and efficiently.

A previous reviewer mentioned that the wrist strap broke: it is made of quite stiff plastic, so I can see how this could easily happen, and therefore I'm being ultra careful with it.

As long as this new one keeps working though, I'll be very happy with it...

Uniross Globe Trotter Mini Travel Charger - Includes 4x AA Batteries and Plug Adapters

4.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully this one lasts longer than my first..., 21 Oct 2009
I bought this product previously and was happy with it for about a year until one side of it stopped working so I could only charge two batteries at a time. However, because I travel a lot, and the charger is so light and compact, I decided to give Uniross another chance and bought another one- let's hope this one lasts longer.

One other gripe though: if it's called "Globe Trotter", why is there no adaptor for use in Australia?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! A Casio watch without a cheap acrylic strap!, 8 Mar 2009
I normally don't like Casio watches, purely because they tend to come with cheap acrylic straps that inevitably break after a while, rendering the watch effectively useless; but this one comes with a fabric strap and Velcro fastener.

Not only does it look great, but it claims to have a 10 year battery life- I'll let you know in 2019 if that's true or not...

Umbro U205 Gents Nylon Strap Watch with Blue Dial, and Backlight
Umbro U205 Gents Nylon Strap Watch with Blue Dial, and Backlight

2.0 out of 5 stars The battery ran out after only a few months..., 8 Mar 2009
It's a nice looking analogue watch, but the battery ran out after only a few months. Very disappointing...

Love Story
Love Story

5.0 out of 5 stars "Love Story"?- Love it..., 8 Mar 2009
This review is from: Love Story (MP3 Download)
For all those people (like me!) with an aversion to "country", don't be put off- this is first and foremost, pure catchy POP and fully deserving of its place near the top of the charts.

Oh, and it actually reminds me very much of another great track called "Romeo and Juliet" by a group called the Pink Stilettos...

Page: 1 | 2