Profile for Mr. T. A. Harker > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. A. Harker

Mr. T. A. Harker "Harker" (UK)

Revolution
Revolution
by Russell Brand

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is NOT about revolution. It is about the reasons why we should have a revolution., 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Revolution (Hardcover)
I have been watching Russell Brand's YouTube channel for several months now and have gained great admiration for what he is trying to do. He makes many good points about modern society and the way that our government is indirectly run by corporations. This book was a very funny and interesting to read. If you have watched his videos, then it is basically a compilation of all the points he has made over the last year.

However, the title is misleading. This book is NOT about revolution. It is about the reasons why we should have a revolution. Russell is a very intelligent and inspiring man, but it appears that he does not understand that when people buy a book entitled "Revolution", they expect it to contain information about how he intends for this revolution to come about. Simply saying, "We need to stand up to the corrupt corporations and organize the mass redistribution of wealth" is not enough. It is like giving us the title of and instruction manual, but not the content. I bought this book looking for strategies for revolutionising our country and unfortunately, I didn't find them. Still a great read though!

Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Mayflower Stores

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing campaign, same old, same old., 14 Nov. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Halo 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
While Halo 4 (Xbox 360) is a fantastic, enjoyable game with amazing graphics, it could have been so much more. I have loved the halo franchise from the original Combat Evolved to Halo Reach, but Halo 4 just didn't have the full package I was hoping for. The campaign was short, repetitive and linear. When I say linear, I mean canyons and corridors. You will know exactly what I mean if you have played the previous games. There is simply not enough open, widespread areas that make you gasp in awe at the size of them.

There was one particular sequence that I loved, which involved riding on a giant tank (very similar to the sequence in Gears of War 2) while defending it but it didn't last long enough, and guess what?...The tank was driving through yet another linear canyon The sequence could have had so much more added to it to make it worthy of the Halo franchise. An example of a worthy Halo chapter was the epic final battle in Halo 3, where you are battling infantry, scarabs, ghosts, wraiths etc. That battle just made me jump for joy while I was playing it. Sadly there is no, i repeat, NO epic battles in this game at all.

I got the feeling that the new makers, 343 Industries were too busy trying to put everything from the old halo games in that they forgot that the fans also want something new. The new enemies (rogue covenant and the prometheans) are boring and have absolutely zero personality compared to the Covenant in Halo 3, who I began to have respect for towards the end of the game. The new weapons aren't new - they are just the same old weapons turned orange, with different sound effects
The storyline was very vague in explaining what the enemies actually want - which is, in my opinion a very important factor to take into account. Why are they doing what they are doing? The most disappointing part of the campaign is the boss battle. I was hoping for a showdown that would take me loads of attemps to beat but......no.....It lasted 3 seconds and most of it was a cutscene.

The multiplayer is pretty much the same. The maps are uninspiring and I can't pick out anything new or innovative apart from changing the NAMES of some of the game types. Not very exciting....i mean...come on...game NAMES??? Who cares?? However, there is one new game type that I love: Dominion. It involves capturing bases, fortifying them with shields and turrets, and then defending them from the enemy. This involves tactic and teamwork, which is something that I think the previous halo game types didn't have enough of. But...This does not make up for the disappointment of the rest of the game.

The fact is, halo has so much potential. The halo universe is a brilliant creation and there is so much that can be added to it. It's practically limitless...... so why didn't they add anything?? Beats me??!

A Goofy Movie [DVD] [1996]
A Goofy Movie [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Bill Farmer

5.0 out of 5 stars A one-off classic!!, 21 Sept. 2009
This review is from: A Goofy Movie [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
This is one of those fantastic films that you don't see very often with disney (no offence) where it is obvious that they haven't put as much as much effort and time into but believe it or not, this makes it one of their best. Maybe its because they have less people trying to put their ideas into it, stopping it from getting messy, or maybe its because they are using one of their earliest characters. Either way, it has a brilliant storyline and a great soundtrack (I love the songs sung by Tevin Campbell - I'm surprised they didn't appear in the charts) and its one of may favourites from my childhood.

The Truman Show [DVD]
The Truman Show [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Carrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim Carrey can also be dramatic rather than crazy!!, 5 May 2008
This review is from: The Truman Show [DVD] (DVD)
Every time i watch this film, I go up to my bedroom and begin to wonder whether someone is watching me. Before watching the film, i know that it is total nonsense and the fact i could be living in an artificaial world is impossible, but after watching this thought provoking movie your mind bends to consider that the world may not be as it seems.

Jim Carrey played the character of Truman perfectly throughout the film, keeping his comic personality, although less than usual (it is easy to see which parts of the film Carrey improvised!!). There are no parts of the movie in which you get bored, and I loved the way that Truman slowly notices small flaws in the fake world that he is living in (especially the part where he notices that people and cars are going in loops)

Overall, a brilliant mind-bending film with Carrey at his best!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2009 10:34 AM GMT