Profile for Reviewer > Reviews

Content by Reviewer

Reviewer

Alphasonix Super Bright 7w CREE LED Machined Aluminium Waterproof Front Bike Light with Multi-function LED Rear Light - Supplied with new design, fully adjustable mounting brackets allowing the front light to be easily removed to use as a powerful torch or to prevent theft
Offered by alphasonix Ltd. (UK)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but had to return because faulty, 24 Oct 2012
Brackets:
As people have said, they really need extra washers and spacers.
The front bracket holds the light well.
The rear bracket is cheap and weak, and started to drop the light within a couple of weeks (thankfully soon enough to return it).

Front light:
Nice & bright, but not that waterproof.

Rear light:
Repeatedly turned itself off in use. I checked that this wasn't a battery-life issue, so presumably it was poor manufacture and poor connections.

Price:
The same thing is available on eBay for half the price.

Overall:
It's got some good points, but overall the set wasn't made properly and didn't work properly.

Crank Brothers Multi-17 Tool Bike Tools & Maintainance
Crank Brothers Multi-17 Tool Bike Tools & Maintainance
Price: £14.99 - £51.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but lacking, 30 Jun 2012
This is a useful tool that could replace several others: it gives you a set of allen keys; a chain breaker tool; 2 screw-driver heads, and a spoke adjuster, along with one or two other things, but it is lacking... The 10 and 8 open wrenches are not big enough for axle nuts, so you can't get a wheel off, or back on, without other tools. As such, this simply is not a comprehensive tool. It's a useful one, but it's a lot more often I need to take a wheel off: i.e. anytime I've got a puncture, than I need to take apart a chain...

Silly me for not checking more carefully what it had, but I took seriously the suggestion that there wasn't much one couldn't do with it. I can't change a tyre or fix a puncture with it, and that's disappointing, especially at this price!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2013 8:46 PM BST

Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Offered by BIKINGEAR

2.0 out of 5 stars It never squeaked until I used these blocks, 6 May 2012
I recently replaced my rear brake pads with normal ones that made no anti-squeal claims: lovely, no squeal, no squeak, and the braking was amazing. I then decided to replace the front ones, and I thought I'd buy these, to see how they were, particularly because our other bike has a problem with squeaking, and it meant I could test them as an option for that one.

They squeak, they squeal, really badly! My rear brake is still squeak-free with the other pads, but my front brake with these "Anti-Squeal" pads is making a loud squeak/squeal noise every time I brake!

It seems that others have had good experience with them, so perhaps they work for some. Don't discount their experience, but for me, they've been terrible. They also don't look to have a great deal of wear in them. Next time, I will definitely buy the other ones: (Bike brake pads for a mountain bike V-brake 2 pieces for bikes / bicycles), and these: never again.

They do brake: they just do it much more noisily than the other pads, and those were cheaper.

The Nativity [DVD]
The Nativity [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tatiana Maslany

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not what happened: this is not what it says in the bible..., 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Nativity [DVD] (DVD)
We were very excited to see this nativity, but we had to turn it off after a while. It's not help to faith. This is one of these many versions that is made without faith, and so seeks to make an easier-to-believe story.

In particular, the film-makers seem to have projected their own lack of faith onto Mary and Joseph. They are portrayed doubting instead of with the extraordinary faith which is their example to us. Mary is shown as mostly worried about what kind of a house Joseph will provide: not the character we know her to have.

It changes little things for no apparent reason: I seem to remember that it had Mary receiving the message to go to Egypt, when this was a message to Joseph in a dream. Why change such things? They can't do it better in this movie than God did it in reality.

This was not an aid to faith: it is an aid to doubt. We have enough lack of faith without it.

It's a shame that film-makers can't just believe and accept what happened, and portray that as recorded.

For better versions, not perfect, but better (and not 100% accurate, but more so than this) see:
Jesus of Nazareth [DVD]
The Gospel According to Matthew [Il vangelo secondo Matteo] (1964) (Masters of Cinema) [Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD]
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2013 1:26 PM GMT