Profile for Mrs C > Reviews

Content by Mrs C

Mrs C (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Urban Watercolor Sketching: A Guide to Drawing, Painting, and Storytelling in Color
by Felix Scheinberger
Price: 13.22

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is good. If the title 'Urban Watercolour Sketching' helps it ..., 10 July 2014
This book is good. If the title 'Urban Watercolour Sketching' helps it sell more copies I'm ok with that, but as other reviewers have noted, it's about more than urban sketching. For me, it is the explanation of colour theory throughout which makes this book stand out. I now realise why it is that I often completely wreck my artwork once I apply paint. Very happy with my purchase.

Jumbo Size Paddling Pool
Jumbo Size Paddling Pool
Offered by Impressionz
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Bombproof!, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Jumbo Size Paddling Pool (Toy)
We were desperate for a paddling pool and all the shops everywhere near us (and some distance from us too) had sold out. This arrived within a few days, from Germany I think. We've had up to seven boys under 11 on/in it at any time and it's still going strong so on that basis I'd highly recommend it!

One Drawing a Day: A 6-Week Course Exploring Creativity with Illustration and Mixed Media
by Veronica Lawlor
Price: 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to get you past artists block!, 24 July 2013
This is great for encouraging me and my son to just start putting marks on paper with different mediums without over-thinking the process. A good book which I would recommend.

Danielle Acrylic Cosmetic Organiser
Danielle Acrylic Cosmetic Organiser
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid compact holder, 24 July 2013
Does the job well and fits in a small bathroom cupboard. Wish I'd bought this ages ago, ideal for me.

Watercolour Textures (Collins Artist's Studio)
Watercolour Textures (Collins Artist's Studio)
by Ann Blockley
Price: 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting techniques, 24 July 2013
Lots of lovely inspiring ideas but one for the more experienced artist who is already comfortable with watercolours. I think books like this help to encourage a less structured approach and show you what can happen if you let go a bit.

Watercolours
Watercolours
by HRH The Prince Of Wales
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Watercolours (Hardcover)
An interesting book to read through with plenty of commentary to accompany the watercolours. I paid practically nothing for it and I'm really glad I have it.

Ultra Slim Thin PU Leather Cover Case Sleeve For NOOK Simple Touch and NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight Barnes & Noble Flip Folio (CYAN)
Offered by Creddeal Limited UK
Price: 5.69

4.0 out of 5 stars good value cover for Nook, 24 July 2013
Arrived promptly, well packaged. I'm not sure how much I'll use my Nook so I didn't want anything too flash, just a protective cover and this does the job.

Shakespeare Cantilever 3 Tray Tackle Box
Shakespeare Cantilever 3 Tray Tackle Box
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect art box, 11 Mar 2013
I bought this to store my paints, inks, pens, brushes and palettes etc in and it does the job perfectly. The dividers in the top drawers can be removed and/or moved around to suit what you need to store in them and it is very robust. I would recommend this to any artists out there! It's probably brilliant for fishing tackle too.

Jellycat Toys - Baby Olive Owl soft toy
Jellycat Toys - Baby Olive Owl soft toy

5.0 out of 5 stars soooo cute, 3 Feb 2013
son # 2 loves this, and I now have to buy another for son # 1! I expect I'll be buying yet another for son # 3 too! It's quite tiny by the way - it arrived in the same box as another item I'd ordered from Amazon and I only realised it was in the box when I was taking the rubbish out - poor olive owl nearly went out with the recycling.

VonHaus by Designer Habitat Ultra Slim Cantilever Swivel & Tilt Wall Mount TV Bracket for 26-55 inch for LCD, LED, 3D, Plasma TV, Max VESA 400x400
Offered by Designer Habitat
Price: 7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost in transit, 3 Feb 2013
The product got 'lost in transit' so it did not arrive in time for me to fit it at the weekend and was therefore of no use. The company refunded this in full straight away without any quibble. Instead I bought a similar cantilever wall mount from Maplin - for general information this was terrible (far too much play in the joint) and we've placed our tv on a cabinet instead!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2013 11:39 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2