ARRAY(0xaa7d1ab0)

X Rebirth (PC DVD)
Offered by Warby 4 Games & Gifts

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 20 Nov 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: X Rebirth (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
After a series of poorly made rushed out games such as SimCity, Rome Total War 2 etc you would have thought that the games industry would have learnt their lesson

But no the company wanted a quick pre-xmas money grab and has basically released an alpha version and charged top money for it.

There are game breaking bugs in it, it fails to perform well on mid to top end machines and the game is made overly complicated without it being complex. I certainly feel that I have been cheated out of my £30.

This is the last game I buy from egosoft and certainly the last time I pre-order, I will now happily wait 6 months to a year and pick it up on a steam sale.

Perhaps if more people were to do the same perhaps devs and publishers will think twice about release poor, incomplete games.

Anker® USB 3.0 9-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Smart Charging Port with 12V 5A Power Adapter [VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and updated Firmware 9081]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device but warning about USB 3 drivers on windows., 28 May 2013
This is a fantastic device it gives 10 USB 3 ports in a nice ladder arrangement which is what I needed as I constantly put memory keys and take them out and this arrangement is good for that.

It is also well built with nice sturdy plastic and all of my USB devices fit in nice and snug without any looseness coming from them.

BUT and it is a very big BUT there are serious problems with the Intel/ASUS USB 3 drivers for windows.

I have an ASUS Sabretooth Z77 motherboard with the current Intel and ASUS usb 3 drivers. If the hub is on Windows will not shut down until the hub is turned off. This is also seen with a separate USB 3 docking station on windows.

I can conclude that it is a windows issue as I also run Linux (Ubunutu 12.04) on an external drive and I don't see these issues so the windows driver must be at fault. And the device works just as well if not better under Linux.

So be careful when buying this or any other USB 3 device make sure that if you do encounter any problems that it is the device fault rather than a driver issue in windows.

Dell APC Smart-UPS 750 LCD UPS AC 230 V 500 Watt 750 VA RS-232 USB 6 Output Connectors

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty poor service from start to finish, 13 April 2013
I need a UPS as the local power supply keeps on dropping out and I dare not leave my computer on as I have had several power cuts when the PC was on and can't risk it.

So I order the UPS from Amazon and it then goes into "dispatching soon" for 3 days and when it does arrive finally I find that there is case damage to the front Bezel and that the power cable is missing.

It looks like that it is a return that Amazon has reboxed and sent out.

So now Yodel is picking up this one and I apparently have to wait another week for the replacement.

So far not impressed at all with the UPS as I cannot even use it.

UPDATE : New unit has arrived and this time the case isn't damaged. The paperwork still says I get a power cable supplied but the sticker on the UPS says to use the one from the PC so confusion there.

I tried to register the UPS on the APC website to get an error message. When I phone APC up they confirmed my suspisons by saying that this unit was registered new in 2012 but they will register the unit as "new" as I purchased it from Amazon but I only get a two year warranty rather than the full three.

So be warned if you want a brand new out of the box UPS go elsewhere.

FURTHER UPDATE : APC have contacted me and have said that these Fujitsu branded UPS's should not be sold separaetly. These were part of a special deal when buying Fujitsu branded PC's in 2012. The UPS that Amazon supplied me was registered in May 2012 and currently APC are now investigating why Amazon are even selling these things. I have contacted Amazon for an explanation and so far I have not heard anything. So as before if you want a new out of a box original buy elsewhere.

Icy Box - Ib-318stus2-b - Premium Aluminium Case For 3.5" Sata Hdd With Usb 2.0 & Esata Interface

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality has slipped recently., 25 Mar 2013
I already had two of these enclosures and working fine for months now.

I wanted to upgrade my backup drive from the ICY-box USB2 model to eSata and so bought another one for that drive.

The enclosure lasted less than 10 hours running time and had to phone up Amazon for a replacement.

The replacement arrived today and the replacement doesn't work at all.

I tried multiple known working hard drives and the caddys are at fault here.

So now I am having to back up 1.5TB with the USB2 caddy again and it should be done in 18 hours.

Not impressed with this and have asked for a refund, ICY box definately seems to have dropped in quality since I bought the others.

Simcity (PC DVD)
Simcity (PC DVD)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Pirates aren't destroying the games industry, EA is doing that all on its own., 10 Mar 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Simcity (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
EA have always harped on about how piracy is destroying the videogame industry.

Yet if this is the case why do EA (and the other big houses) seem intent on bringing out rushed, buggy, DRM and DLC laden games that only take a few short hours to complete?

I assume EA think that if they make such an awful product that nobody would pirate it as nobody in their right mind would want to play it.

As for the game, server issues aside, even when EA finally get their act together there is serious flaws in the game that means that it will not be the classic that the others were.

I also expect that we shall be very lucky if we see the game lasting 2 years before the game is switched off for ever.

If you like building type games there are so many better ones out there and I have picked up Tropico 4 on a recommendation and I am enjoying it a whole lot more than SimCity.

Happy Pet Parrot Toy - Preener
Happy Pet Parrot Toy - Preener

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but needs to be made safe before giving to your bird., 13 Dec 2012
I bought this toy for my bird so she didn't overpreen herself and it is a great toy for doing that.

There is only one problem the toy is held together at the bottom with a piece of wire with dangerously pointed ends. I found it by accident when the wire cut my hand when I was putting it into the cage. I shudder to think what would have happened if my bird had been cut.

So to anybody who buys this is to take the wire out of the toy and make it safe for your bird.

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds - The New Generation
Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds - The New Generation
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but lacking in production quality., 28 Nov 2012
I have been excited since I heard of this new version and with the new live tour this year.

Every live tour has tried to add something new but a whole new production with a rescore should have been great.

I love the new score and the acting is great, new effects have been added (I assume to tie in with a visual effect).

Great acting and even new lines from the book are in.

The only thing stopping me giving it 5 stars is the APPALLING quality of the sound on the CD.

I have tried it on my PC with surround sound, car stereo, my home cinema and all of those sources sound the same, it seems to be "muffled" on some instruments/actors.

I can only assume with all the alipbacks that have happened that somnewhere in putting to CD together the sound hasn't been properly mixed.

Oh well as long as this is resolved for the live show I should be happy.

Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter 21)
Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter 21)
by Laurell K. Hamilton

1.0 out of 5 stars please let it all be a horrible dream., 20 Jun 2012
I am probably not in the target market as my wife reads these books and I just started just to see what they were all about.

The early novels were great, crafted, well plotted out and had a decent enough story even though as I said I am no way anywhere near the target audience.

Then Anita becomes a succubus and suddenly she has become a sex addict, I mean it is about 5 years book time and she has come from a young woman with firm morals to a raging slut who not only holds a Federal Badge but she also strips on the weekend at Guilty Pleasures and Anita whines that the higher ups in the police are trying to keep her out. I wonder why?

I am just wondering if she caught some odd undead STD and it is making her act this way or that in the next book she is back in her flat and the whole book series has been a dream.

Hey it worked for Dallas when they brough Patrick Duffy back.

But after jumping though this so called novel in a vain hope I would find some plot I will get the next one for my wife second hand if she insisst on having it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2012 6:22 PM BST

Star Wars: The Old Republic Time Card (PC)
Star Wars: The Old Republic Time Card (PC)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and one less company holds your card details., 16 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The current price of the card means that the 60 day time card is slightly cheaper than a monthly subscriptopn.

What is the best thing is that after a raft of games companies have been hacked, Sony, Turbine, Trion Worlds.... that EA doesn't hold your card details. And to all those naysayers that it won't happen to EA, I bet Sony thought the same thing.

Also rather than have a recurring monthly charge when your time is up your account gets suspended until you top it up with some more time.

But it's up to you how you want to pay for your sunscription and these suit me well.

Creative Inspire T6160 Speaker System
Creative Inspire T6160 Speaker System

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice system pity about the cable length., 12 Dec 2011
I bought these speakers to replace a very old cambridge soundworks surround system.

Everythimg is great, for the price the sound output is great and works well with my sound card.

But due to the fact that the subwoofer contains the speaker output and input connectors why are all the leads so short!!!

I have had to buy extention cables just so it can fit where I wanted to put it.

So 4/5 for me due to some silly cost cutting over a few meters of cable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2011 10:47 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2