Profile for suiteheart > Reviews

Content by suiteheart

suiteheart

Page: 1 | 2
AMOS 3 Flickering LED Tea Light Candles Battery Operated Flameless Tealights Wedding Christmas Birthday Party Decoration Set
Offered by 5 Star Wholesale

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 22 April 2014
To be honest I wasn't expecting anything too great, but these are cheap and don't really give the effect of candles at all. Bought for a candle holder that was meant to be hung but it looked better sitting on a surface (the air holes therefore were blocked and it couldn't hold a flame) so I suppose it does the job. Might look into getting better ones.

Catherine Lansfield Stag Double Quiltset - Multi
Catherine Lansfield Stag Double Quiltset - Multi

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous duvet set, 22 April 2014
Had my eye on this duvet set for a while but was a bit worried about the reports of being a bit thin. I tend to overheat at night so do prefer a thinner duvet set but was concerned it would look a bit cheap. I saw that my friend had bought it and seeing the overall quality I was satisfied with the thickness - thin enough that it wouldn't be too hot at night, thick enough that it doesn't look cheap at all! My friend preferred the thicker kind of duvet sets so she gave hers to me! I've yet to try it on my bed but i'm delighted. Really happy with it. The only gripe i'd have about it would be that It only comes with two pillowcases and no sheet, but considering the price it's hardly a con! Could easily pick up another couple of cases and a sheet in red or stone colour for a few quid.
Like the other reviews I will state that the colour is a bit different from the picture. The checker side is more of a red colour and the stag side is more of a stone/grey colour. Get it quick while you can, great quality and ridiculously great price.

Black + Blum Lunch Pot, Orange
Black + Blum Lunch Pot, Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Jan. 2014
Bought as a present for my boyfriend who works shifts and prefers to make his own lunch to be healthier instead of snacking at work. He loves it, it's durable (feels really well made, doesn't bend easily), fits loads of food and is 100% leak proof. Great product, will be buying one for myself and for my mum who has started a new diet so will be needing something to take lunch to work in. Recommending to all my friends who love it too!

Pioneer SE-E721-K Fully Enclosed Sports Earphones - Black/White
Pioneer SE-E721-K Fully Enclosed Sports Earphones - Black/White
Offered by DB Technology srl

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 8 Jan. 2014
I've tried sooo many pairs of headphones and refuse to wear any pair that compromises on sound quality. I got these as a gift for Christmas and honestly was a bit nervous at not having read any reviews on how good they were. Thankfully the person who bought them for me knew how particular I was and chose well. I will admit that I avoided them for a week or so since putting them on was a bit of a challenge at first. It can be a bit fussy placing the hooks and getting the buds inserted at the right angle, but fiddle about a bit and find whatever is comfortable for you. Once they're on, they STAY on! Which is why I wanted sports headphones in the first place! Secondly, music quality is great. I own a pair of £50 Ministry of Sound earphones that I use for everyday music use and i'd say that these headphones are slightly more bass-y and clearer than the MoS ones! Overall a great, sturdy pair of headphones once you figure out how to put them on.

Hugo Boss Nuit Pour Femme Eau de Parfum for Women - 50 ml
Hugo Boss Nuit Pour Femme Eau de Parfum for Women - 50 ml
Offered by linoygift

5.0 out of 5 stars Best perfume i've ever used, 11 Nov. 2013
I got a free sample in a magazine and absolutely loved the smell. My boyfriend bought me a bottle for Christmas last year and I wore it everyday! Have to say it didn't last very long... but that's a good thing! It's a great scent for everyday or even going out, and it lasts all day! I got so many compliments when I wore this. It's definitely on my Christmas list this year!

Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by BPSALESDIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of headphones, 25 Sept. 2013
Was considering buying a set of surround sound speakers for the typical issue of loud volume for explosions etc but quiet volume for voices on TV shows. But didn't think that would go down too well with my housemates... So I thought i'd try these. Ordered 4pm Monday, arrived first thing Wednesday. Great set of headphones. At first there was a hissing noise but that's eliminated by turning DOWN the volume on the headphones and turning UP the volume on the TV. Completely solved this issue and now i'm getting great, clear sound. I fiddled around with the settings for a bit (panicked when no sound was coming out, then realised the headphone volume was off) and now it's all set up how I like it. So happy I decided to buy these, no more noise complaints from my housemates! If you're considering buying any other more expensive headphones, please DON'T. You really don't need to - these are great.

Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking but had to send back, 2 Sept. 2013
Was so excited to use my hard drive, it's great looking!
I bought this because i've recently made the move from Windows to Mac and didn't fancy deleting all of my stuff to reformat it.
Worked straight out of the box, very fast. However after only one day's use, it stopped working. I picked it up to see if the light was on and the box was very, very hot. It seemed that it had melted because part of the casing looked warped, and even using another USB cable for it didn't work. So I requested a return (delighted that they sent me a new one out within 2 days - before I'd even posted the old broken one!) Hopefully this one will work, because it's a lovely looking hard drive, and it's smaller than my older one! Fingers crossed it doesn't break.

Corioliss C1 Platinum Zebra Professional Titanium Styling Iron
Corioliss C1 Platinum Zebra Professional Titanium Styling Iron
Offered by Second Glance Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Corioliss, 13 Feb. 2013
After my hairdresser used the C2 red leopard print straightners on me, I had to buy them, they were fab. But as i'm at university and quite far from home, I didn't want to keep taking my only pair home and back everytime in fear that they would break in my suitcase when I was travelling. I bought these and was honestly quite surprised at how they good they were considering the price. All of my friends use GHDs but these are JUST as good! And half the price! Absolutely love the print! However there are a couple of cons that have bothered me, but not enough to make me not recommend them:
1. The temperature control is a little wheel on the side of one of the plates, this is annoying occasionally when i'll accidentally move it with my fingers when straightening my hair.
2. There doesn't seem to be an auto-off function, which every other straightener seems to have these days, so for those who are used to that function - just be careful to turn them off.
3. I was pleased to see there was a light to indicate when they were hot enough, but (as far as i'm aware) the light remains half green and half red the whole time i've been using them, so it doesn't seem to be a 'ready' indicator after all.

However I really wouldn't let this put you off buying them! These are all things that are totally trivial and essentially they are fantastic hair straighteners! Corioliss remains my favorite brand and I'll definitely buy from them again.

Beautify Professional Small Pink Rose Patterned Aluminium Beauty Cosmetics & Make Up Case
Offered by Domu Marketplace

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 Oct. 2012
I have to say I didn't check the dimensions shown in the product description so was a little disappointed that it was smaller than I thought but it really is great. The inside shelves don't fit most size nail varnish bottles standing up(the reason I bought it) but it does hold them horizontally and it's a really pretty colour and pattern.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 Oct. 2012
I was looking for a few brushes to do my eye make up with. I'm no make-up expert though! After reading these reviews I thought i'd go for it - and at this price, where could I go wrong? I have to say the brushes are great. I do have a foundation brush (very expensive from Boots) that cost more than this brush set (!) and it is superior to the one that comes with this set but the value for money is great. The brushes really do a great job of applying shadow, blending, etc. HIGHLY recommended.

Page: 1 | 2