Profile for Lakshman Jayakody - Sri Lanka > Reviews

Content by Lakshman Jayak...

Lakshman Jayakody - Sri Lanka

Page: 1 | 2
Sony KDL32EX340BU 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready TV
Sony KDL32EX340BU 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony 32 LED TV, 1 Sep 2013
I was SONY customer when they manufactured CRT TV sets but I moved to Sharp & LG in LCD/LED Era. This is my first SONY LCD/LED TV and I have a 42' LG 3D TV in my living room.

Colors are well balanced and sound quality is also very good. I am happy with my purchase.

Mens Jeans - Casual Denim Trousers - 31" LEG - Waist Sizes 32" - 44" - New
Mens Jeans - Casual Denim Trousers - 31" LEG - Waist Sizes 32" - 44" - New
Price: £11.99 - £19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Jean, 4 July 2013
I bought stone wash jean which is of good quality and fit very well. colour, quality and even price is great of this jean.

LG 42LM620T 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Cinema 3D Smart TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking Picture Quality, 18 April 2013
The HD picture quality is outstanding and sound quality is really good. I watched London Olympic games 2012 on this TV and I was blown away by the picture quality. LG's IPS panel has wide viewing angle. I have Toshiba active 3D TV and I did not notice any difference in picture quality with this passive 3D TV after watching kingdom of plants 3D blu ray. If anyone is looking for LED TV with 3D, high quality HD picture with good sound, Look no further, this is the TV for you from top brand.

LG Optimus L3 Sim Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer)
LG Optimus L3 Sim Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best Phone, 30 Jan 2013
Screen quality is poor and the picture quality on the integrated camera is very very poor. Photos have pale colours but build quality with metal frame of the phone is really good. I am pleased with android opeating system which is fast and user friendly.

Toshiba 32BL502B 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LED TV with Freeview (New for 2012)

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba LED TV, 27 Jan 2013
One thing I am pleased with this TV is, this telly has very good channel reception. Even analog picture is very clean & vibrent. Sound quality is not bad though some complained about the sound quality. This model intigrates with LG IPS LED panel which has amazing viewing angle. This is really good looking & value for money TV.

The downside is USB does not read most of the file formets which are read by my other TV sets.

Pentax Optio RZ18 Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 18 x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pentax Camera, 31 Dec 2012
I wanted to buy point and shoot super zoom camera and my brother in law/sister living in Canada sent this indicating pentax is one of best lens and camera make. I know pentax was one of top ranked film camera in the past but they are not very strong now due to lack of marketing but Pentax make superior cameras. I have used Hitachi,Samsung, Sony, Fuji,canon, Nikon, Panasonic point and shoot cameras in the past and no point & shoot digital camera is perfect. Please have a look sampale images which I have uploaded without doing any colour adjustments. Macro shooting on this camera is stunning. Shake reuction is really working with camera without producing any blurry images even at 18x optical zoom. Indoor photos are not very good but user must select the correct shooting mode.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Toshiba 40TL963B 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED 3D Smart TV with Freeview (New for 2012) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars IMPRESSIVE 3D TV, 9 Aug 2012
I was keen on buying 3D TV since I wanted to enjoy 3D novelty. I kept reliance on Toshiba technology and its reputation in the electronic industry. I had Toshiba lap top, DVD players and DVD recorders which performed without any troubles. The design is first class and 3D picture clarity is amazing and no cross talks. I have used LCD ( Sharp, Samsung) and LED ( LG, Sharp) previously. Each model has its own strengths and weaknesses. This model looks expensive and Sound quality is not bad even though some complained about the sound quality. This model converts 2D contents to 3D, I think this is selling point and you cannot see much depth in normal DVD. If you want to enjoy truly 3D experience you must play 3D blu rays. I could not get high quality picture in factory standard colour settings & changed to dynamic colour setting in order to get the best picture quality. My settings are,

Picture Mode - Dynamic
Backlight - 48
Contrast -75
Brightness -19
Colour - 7
Sharpness -43
Colour Temparature - Cool under advance setting

Pros
1. Design - No doubt this model is solidly built
2. Four TV tuners ( analog, digital FW , satellite, HD tuner)
3. Smart TV/wireless LAN but I am not interested in browsing web on TV, I did not test this functionality,computer can do better job
4. HDMI 1.4 ARC - This really works with my Sony 3D blu ray cinema system & user can eliminate optical connection and listen TV sound on cinema system through single HDMI 1.4 connection.
5. Eye popping 3D & blu ray picture quality
6. Good colour rendention on both HD & SD contents
7. Good TV tuner - Good reception, my previous Sharp & Samsung TV tuners were weak & could not get all the channels
8. Wide viewing angle - This is exactly true as Toshiba mentioned. The panel may be IPS, this model has best viewing angle out of all TVs I have used
9. Toughened glass stand rather than cheap plastic stand
10. Photos on USB can be viewed in 3D mode. Upscale photos taken with 5MP cameras to high resolution images
11.Price

Cons
1. Initially I thought analog/standard definition picture was not very sharp in comparison with my previous LG LED TV but I was wrong. I changed standard picture mode to above settings and I got the clean and crisp picture on SD programes too.
2. Remote is badly shaped and not urganomically designed
3. It takes long time to start up

This is really good TV and I highly recomend this model to anyone who is looking for good 3D capability and quality HD/SD picture.

Sony BDVEF200.CEK Affordable 2.1ch 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD Home Cinema 350W, BRAVIA Internet Video Enhancer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 2:1 Surround System, 16 July 2012
My player got stuck sevaral days as soon as it was set up but it works fine now. This little system has all the latest features such as HDMI ( ARC), two HDMI inputs, USB, optical connection, Smart internet with Wireless lan, I pod connection etc.

I am Panasonic fan for audios. I had Panasonic blu ray players and picture quality on this player is on par with them. FM and blu ray Sound quality and is very clear. I have panasonic 5:1 DVD cinema system ( 1000W) wich gives brilient sound/picture quality but I cannot compare with that. I am waiting for my 3D tv to check 3D capability.

Pros
1. Packed with latest features
2. Relatively cheap Sony product
3. Quick start
4. Clarity of the sound
5. Got free two 3D blu ray films
6. DVD upscaling and good color rendention

Cons
1. Sound distrotion when turning up the volume at maximum level

Updated on 02 August
I received Toshiba 3D TV and connected to this player. 3D picture quality is eye popping and HDMI ARC function works well for TV programes

X-Men Quadrilogy - X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by DGR Film

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Movies Set, 23 April 2012
I have watched all X men movies when they were on DVD but I wanted to watch same movies on LED TV with blu ray player. This is really good movie set at low price from Amazon. Picture quality on X men 1-3 except X men Origins is amazing. Highly recomend this box set.

Spider-Man 3 [Blu-ray] [2007] [Region Free]
Spider-Man 3 [Blu-ray] [2007] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Tobey Maguire
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Picture Quality, 16 April 2012
I watched spider man 3 when it was released in UK. Picture quality on this blu ray is top notch and additional blu ray provided shows how spider man 3 was made. Overall this is quality blu ray and well worth for the money paid.

Page: 1 | 2