Profile for HEdwards > Reviews

Content by HEdwards

HEdwards

Little Tikes 4-in-1 Trike (Purple)
Little Tikes 4-in-1 Trike (Purple)
Offered by The Entertainer
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little bike, 14 Aug 2013
My daughter had this for her first birthday and it was fairly complicated to build but it's very sturdy and easy to push and steer. She thinks its great. Only irritating thing with it is that her legs are too short to reach the footrests so her feet often get caught especially if she slips own a bit. You need to get the straps adjusted to be just right to avoid any slipping. Otherwise a good bike and I can see she will enjoy pedalling it about when she gets a bit bigger

Thomas & Friends Take-N-Play Straight and Curved Track Pack
Thomas & Friends Take-N-Play Straight and Curved Track Pack
Price: 11.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab track, 14 Aug 2013
Glad you can buy extra track for the take and play sets, but on carpet it falls apart quite often and my kids find it frustrating. Good sturdy stuff though and lots of combinations can be made

God Calling: A Devotional Diary
God Calling: A Devotional Diary
by A.J. Russell
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little book, 14 Aug 2013
Whenever I feel despair, or that things are getting a bit tough, or in a quiet moment, I will read this book and often God speaks through its words so clearly. I've had this book for about twenty years, and I buy copies for my friends because I've found it such a useful tool. Would highly recommend.

Tomy Thomas & Friends Post Office Loader
Tomy Thomas & Friends Post Office Loader

4.0 out of 5 stars v.clever, but too old for under 3's, 14 Sep 2010
We were given this during my son's thomas the tank phase, and its been great. Its very clever and once set up by an adult the child can watch it until they get bored!! Its fairly loud, but ingenious nevertheless. Its not a toy that they can be imaginative with, although after the 10 mins of watching, I find that my boys then begin using the track with all their other vehicles. Its not very child friendly actually because they cannot touch it once its been set up correctly, nor can they set it up. I don't think would have paid money for it if it hadn't been given to me.

Ready Steady Cook Bistro 5-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set, Silver and Black
Ready Steady Cook Bistro 5-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set, Silver and Black
Price: 58.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Pans, lovely design and good strong quality 25yr guarantee!, 6 Jun 2010
We got these to replace some really naff "non-stick" ones that were actually hopeless really, and we wanted something to last. These pans are lovely, they wash really well by hand or in the dishwasher and they stack nicely (not the lids though.) They have a 25 yr guarantee as well. We have had no problems with them, they clean easily, and heat food far quicker than your average pan. The pouring sides are a great addition to an already great pan. I would highly recommend. The only downside (and I am being picky here) is that they aren't all that big... the biggest pan is not as big as you would expect it to be. Thats the worst thing, and it doesn't always matter, its only sometimes when we have guests or I am doing a lot of food.

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
by Ina May Gaskin
Price: 8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 29 Jan 2009
This book was a life saver. I was so worried about giving birth again for the second time after a long and traumatic first labour and so I really wanted to feel like I could actually do this again. Ina May's book is incredible. Its empowering for women who don't believe that their bodies can give birth naturally. I was set for a homebirth with my second but ended up in hospital, even so, having read this book I was able to give birth with no pain relief and it was a positive experience. There are some fantastic birth stories in this book as well. Its an easy and clear read and will help you to believe that you are able to do anything!