Profile for Raz Khan > Reviews

Content by Raz Khan

Raz Khan (London, UK)

Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by FRElectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works - nice!, 29 April 2014
It works - what more can I say. It even improves the connection to my Bose Sound Dock which was a bit erratic on my iphone 4. Love it. Worth the money.

Jawbone Large UP Fitness Tracking Wristband - Black Onyx
Jawbone Large UP Fitness Tracking Wristband - Black Onyx

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable product - avoid, 29 April 2014
I really liked this product - it looks good, the app is great and it seems good at tracking steps. However the quality is poor. I've now had 2 of these fail, and reading the reviews here and in the support forums there seems to be a big issue with quality control. The main problem is the button that you need to push to switch between active and sleep modes. When first bought there's a distinctive range of movement, but after 30-40 days it seems to "compress" and the range of movement diminishes. You seem to need to press harder for it to react and register the mode switch.

I also found I needed to reset it occasionally for no apparent reason, which was really disappointing. In these days of great quality tech this seems so wrong. With a tool that you're meant to use constantly, losing a day of data is a big deal, especially as you're told about weekly averages which turn out to be wrong.

It's also meant to be showerproof - I only wore it in the shower once, by accident, and it started behaving erratically.

My recommendation? Avoid this unless you're willing to accept the significant likelihood that you'll be looking to replace it.

Braun Oral-B  S185353 Sonic Complete  Rechargeable Power Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B S185353 Sonic Complete Rechargeable Power Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, great price, 16 Dec 2009
I've owned this product for several years. It's an excellent sonic toothbrush. The batteries go after 2-3 years so I just try to buy the brush unit on amazon. This time my charger went, so I bought a whole new unit for a great price, and also got 2 new brushes as well.

It's annoying about the batteries, but the brush gives great gum health, and my dentist has been happy with the state of my gums ever since I've had it, so I'll continue to invest.

Duplicity [DVD]
Duplicity [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julia Roberts
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious - don't waste 2 hours of your life like I did!, 8 Aug 2009
This review is from: Duplicity [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this on a plane - it looked promising - I like the whole cast, but the script just kept dragging. Lots of flashbacks re-iterating the same thing: "I can't trust you .... oh yes I can!" over and over again. I stuck with it for the denouement which actually was exactly as expected. I was felt pretty stupid for being taken in by this film - but maybe that was the point! Duplicity indeed!

Classical Drawing Atelier: A Contemporary Guide to Traditional Studio Practice
Classical Drawing Atelier: A Contemporary Guide to Traditional Studio Practice
by Juliette Aristides

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful drawings, 21 April 2008
I recently started drawing again after a 20 year break. I found this book in the shop at Tate Modern and nearly fell over. The examples of drawings, both old and modern are beautiful, and the author states that one of her goals was to publish some great examples. What surprised me was the quality of contemporary artists doing extremely realistic drawings, something that I understood to be out of favour.

The author's teaching is interesting, but ultimately describes a process without going into the "how to" detail. To sum it up she emphasises you just have to do lots of drawing, though she does give you a framework in which to do it, which I guess is the "secret"! I personally would have liked more hints about how to work with charcoal to the level of precision shown in the drawings.

However the true value of the book is that it is a collection of wonderful drawings from which you can learn a lot and use to improve your own technique. I thoroughly recommend it.

Zagg Invisible Shield Full Body Protection - Apple iPhone 1st Gen
Zagg Invisible Shield Full Body Protection - Apple iPhone 1st Gen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite precision cutting, 31 Mar 2008
This is not what I would call "precision cut". The front screen cover is fractionally smaller, so you get an edge round it. It's only about 1mm, if that, but it's obvious. I have only fitted the front cover as the supplied spray only worked for 3 squirts (I'm waiting for a replacement - you need the spray to allow you to slide the cover into place, otherwise your attempt to fit is doomed and you might as well throw it away).

The cover itself seems tough and looks like it will do the job - it's just not as perfect as the write up claims.

I'd have given 3 stars if the spray had not failed and I could have fitted the complete cover.