Profile for Sarah Hooper > Reviews

Content by Sarah Hooper

Sarah Hooper "Sarah" (Milton Keynes, England)

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)
by George R.R. Martin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars It will pull you into the Seven Kingdoms and you wont want to leave, 28 April 2006
I started reading these books on a recommendation from a friend. To be honest I hardly read books anymore, I never really found the time. But almost as soon as I started AGOT I was hooked and made time.

George R. R. Martin opens you up to a vast new world he has created with amazing characters that you will grow to love and hate (and even learn to love the ones you first hated). His in-depth analysis of the main characters is staggering and he takes you places other fantasy authors don't tread.

The next books in the story build upon the characters, and bring more into the fold. It's such an immense series that GRRM has needed 70 pages of appendix to mention just the major households (70 pages as of A Feast For Crows, it's a little shorter in A Game Of Thrones). It's a wonder how he keeps track of them all.

I throughly enjoyed reading this book and the others in the series so far. I would recommend them to anyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2011 10:45 PM BST