Profile for donna dee > Reviews

Content by donna dee

donna dee

Beyond the Sling: A Real-Life Guide to Raising Confident, Loving Children the Attachment Parenting Way
by Mayim Bialik

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, 30 May 2013
This book is the best parenting guide I have ever read, and I've read a fair few!! It's so easy to read, there aren't long case studies, every suggestion is backed by evidence in language easy to understand, I think this book would be perfect for those expecting a baby right up to parents with older children, my children are 3 and 6 and I have got lots from it, I just wish I had found it sooner. Cannot recommend it enough.

Bourjois Waterproof Easy Mascara Brown
Bourjois Waterproof Easy Mascara Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Best waterproof mascara I've found!, 6 Mar 2012
I'm a swimming teacher and I've been looking for a good waterproof mascara for a very long time, I have tried many, Bonjois waterproof easy mascara is brilliant, is doesn't smudge or run, I teach in the water for upto 3.5 hours at a time and get my face really wet and this mascara has stayed on my eyelashes no problem, what is also excellent is that is does come off very easily with soap and water, I now wear this mascara all the time, its truly Bourjois Waterproof Easy Mascara Brownbrilliant!

Blessingways: A Guide To Mother-centered Baby Showers - Celebrating Pregnancy, Birth, And Motherhood
by Shari Maser
Price: 8.76

5.0 out of 5 stars exciting, 25 Aug 2010
I purchased this book as i love the idea of the blessingways celebration and the fact its about recognising the mother and celebrating her, it is very centered to a u.s.a readership however there is lots i have been able to take from it and that i will be able to put to use when arranaging a blessingway for my best friend some of the ideas and suggestions are really beautiful such as each person invited to the blessingway being asked to bring a long a bead so these can be threaded together to make a necklace or bracelet for the mum to be which she can wear up to and throughout her birth with the thought that everyones love and good wishes are with the beads to keep her safe and help her deliver a healthy baby. Its a great alternative to the usual baby shower parties and i think a blessingway would be much more memorable and speacial when looking back in years to come. The pictures in the book are dated and some of the ideas can be percieved as a bit 'far out' but lovely all the same.

The Successful Child: What Parents Can Do to Help Kids Turn Out Well (Sears Parenting Library)
by Martha Sears
Price: 9.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 25 Aug 2010
This book is well researched and very informative, it gives you recommendations, arguments against other forms or parenting and reassurance that a baby not in a routine is perfectly normal, and actually letting your children sleep in your bed with you where they feel secure is perfectly natural, I really like it because there is no, 'one size fits all' approach to parenting and the Sears encourage you to look at your childs individual needs and see how to best meet them and gain a fantastic 'attached' relationship with your child, there is lots of science to back up their ideas and I have felt motivated to change certain aspects of how i parent but also very reassured alot of what has come naturally and that I am doing is right, I have read this book cover to cover and i know I will be reffering to it again and again.

My only negative comment is the quality of the published book its self, when it arrived i thought it must be a second, its been put together cheaply, the front and back cover are a few milimeters shorter than the pages and the quality of the paper is relly poor which i must say I really do dislike as it makes me feel a little ripped off, I like the feel of a good qualiy book it makes reading it more enjoyable.

The No-Cry Discipline Solution: Gentle ways to promote good behaviour and stop the whining, tantrums and tears
by Elizabeth Pantley
Price: 7.58

4.0 out of 5 stars really useful tool, 25 Aug 2010
this book is a really useful tool in the challenge to bring up happy well balanced polite children, I haven't yet sat and read it cover to cover however I frequently refer to as a quick reference, such as looking up how to combat battles at meal times, the advise has helped and we have achieved with my toddler what I have been aiming for. I have also found the language helpful for example rather than sking my son to tidy up or to help me tidy up, I offer to help him for some reason phrasing it like this means he does it!!!! I would recommend this book if you are looking for ideas on how to influence your childs behaviour positivley and want to avoid the tearful battles and arguments which get you no where.