ARRAY(0xb431d7e0)

Profile for Brigitte > Reviews

Content by Brigitte

Brigitte "Trevor & Brigitte" (Wien)

Lindy Bop 'Ionia' Vintage 1950's Rockabilly Pinup Flared Tea/Shirt Dress (20, Sea Blue)
Offered by Lindy Bop
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice tea dress, 25 Feb 2014
lovely material, good fit, perfect customer Service. Even if you are more "curves than streights" it is a nice summer frock. Cant wait for the warm days to wear it.

Monterosa Brown Faux Animal Fur Hooded Jacket Siberian Coat
Monterosa Brown Faux Animal Fur Hooded Jacket Siberian Coat
Offered by FAUX

1.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Jacket - appaling Customer Service, 11 Feb 2014
I would like to make a point by stating that the jacket itself is of a lovely quality, although it has a couple of bald patches, but they are hardly visible.

But the service I received from Faux was less than bad. When it came to returning the jacket because it did not fit over my chest, they were not only slow in dealing with my request, but also rude in their answers. In my e-mails to them I dared mentioning, the ill fit, the bald patches and that I found it rather strange to ship an item, that costs nearly 200 GBP, around Europe in what can only be discribed as a black bin-liner (not only I noticed that, but also a couple of my colleagues who were present when the packet arrived) and this got me a telling off that they basically never had any such complaint before. This was worded in a way that made me reconsider any wish to buy other products from this company. I would strongly reconsider my attitude towards customers if I was Faux.

As I said, the item itself was lovely and if it had fitted me, I probably would not even have thought about the minor faults twice. But they way the return was handled left me wondering about the customer experience here.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very nice., 20 Nov 2013
nice quality and certainly a lovely addition to some white sumer trousers or skirts. Be careful the sizes stated have nothing to do with reality. And you have to pay customs on top of the stated prize. But it is so nice, I cant be angry about this.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars something special, 20 Nov 2013
lovely quality and stitching. But the size .... Oh Dear. I am a size L or 14 to 16, and placed my first order in XL, because I thought that Asian sizes might be a bit smaller. Was I wrong! the second order was for a 5XL and that fits beautifully. Luckely I had plenty of friends who wanted to buy the smaller size from me. Be aware that you will have to pay customs on top of the stated prize, which is about 15 GBP. But I still think this will be a perfect outfit for Christmas and am looking forward to wearing it with a black pair of trousers.

Death of a Kingfisher (Hamish Macbeth)
Death of a Kingfisher (Hamish Macbeth)
by M.C. Beaton
Price: 15.53

1.0 out of 5 stars I first thought..., 11 Jun 2012
... that it was me, who is getting bored with Mrs. Beatons books. But then my husband read this one, too, and he wasnt too much taken in by it either. Somehow she seems to get bored with her own creations. Is she putting a "knitting pattern" in front of her when she is starting to write a new book? One cant help thinking of the old Little Britain sketch where Dame Markham is dictating to her secretary " Yes, I will marry you, I will, I will, I will. Howe many pages? 12. Do you know the bible...." My Husband and I have been reading her books for many years, but have found the last couple of new ones rather mediocre and a far cry from interesting. Will we keep on reading them... we dont quite know yet. I am sure she will make enough money without us as fans.

Venezia: Food and Dreams
Venezia: Food and Dreams
by Tessa Kiros
Price: 18.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Digesting Venice, 29 May 2009
This book operates on two levels. If you've been lucky enough to have been to Venice and sample it's glorious food it is a reminder of wonderful meals in a romantic and historical setting. If you haven't, it opens a window into a world that belongs to Casanova, The Doge, smoky mists on the Lagoon, right up to the evenings consuming Tramezzini and Belini in Harrys Bar with Ernest Hemmingway. The recepies are simple, yet delicious and the explainations of the origins of the various dishes make a good read in themselves.

Venice and the Veneto (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
Venice and the Veneto (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
by DK Publishing
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars essential for before, during and after your venice visit, 29 May 2008
very helpful if you are looking for a comprehensive guide to Venice. Spot on with it's information and giving an excellent overview of the City. Although Venice is an easy City to get around in and find your way, you might loose yourself in the many little streets. And then you want a reliable guide that gets you back on track. Gives great information about the usual tourist sites, but also invites you to make you own discoveries and lets you chose your tailor-made holiday. The only thing I would add is a guide to the best "Gelaterias" of the City! ;-) Wouldn't want to go on a holiday without my DK!

Death of a Scriptwriter (Hamish Macbeth Mysteries)
Death of a Scriptwriter (Hamish Macbeth Mysteries)
by M. C. Beaton
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Good entertainment, 29 May 2008
if you are looking for an easy to read mystery for on the train or whenever you can spare a moment, this is the one for you. Not too challenging and from time to time a bit of a drag, but never the less a good time-filler if you like your crime with a bit of highland charme and a laugh.

Death of a Gentle Lady (Hamish Macbeth)
Death of a Gentle Lady (Hamish Macbeth)
by M.C. Beaton
Price: 16.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Best M C Beaton yet, 29 May 2008
having followed M C Beaton's Agatha Raisin and Hamish Macbeth on each and every of their adventures and tried solving all their cases well before the story is given away at the end of the book, I took this book with me on holiday to Italy. I am glad I saved it for this special time, as I could not stop reading it once I started. The old characters are at their best (or worst), new characters are introduced and with relish you follow their antiques. I loved the twists and turns, the clever and witty story line and the little surprises that Mrs. Chesney has put into this book. Lying on the beach, taking in this book and giggling from time to time like an idiot got me a couple of very strange looks, but it was worth it! My husband and I have each finished reading the whole book in one day. Once you start, you will not be able to put it down. Says it all, doesn't it?

The Children's War: The Second World War through the eyes of the children of Britain
by Juliet Gardiner

5.0 out of 5 stars Insight, 29 Mar 2005
We constantly are confronted with reports and pictures from WWII and somehow it seems to blend together. This outstanding book gives an incredable insight into children's views of what adults did to them during WWII. I am 37 years old and it never even remotly occurred to me to look at it from this point of view. This book made me ask my parents about their feelings and the things that happened to them during this tragic time. The reports are very touching, the pictures of evacuated children somehow are getting more under my skin than the often seen ones about trenches and other war victims. What has this war done to this generation? How were they able to rebuild a life after all what happened to them? A book that I am sure I will pick up over and over again.