Profile for H. D. Doel > Reviews

Content by H. D. Doel

H. D. Doel (Wiltshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Colour Recipes for Painted Furniture and More
Colour Recipes for Painted Furniture and More
by Annie Sloan
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 30 April 2013
What a great book! After attending an Annie Sloan painting course I'm hooked. This book is packed full of inspiration. No piece of furniture is safe in my house anymore! Thatnks to this book I've also painted on fabric with excellent results.

Biona Organic Coconut Vigin Oil - 400g
Biona Organic Coconut Vigin Oil - 400g
Offered by All Mall Shop
Price: 15.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells Divine!, 30 April 2013
The product does everything and more. I use it on my skin and it's fantastic for dry eczema patches. I also use it as a conditioner and body 'lotion'. It's also great to stop bikini shave rash itch. In winter I use a tiny amount on dry hair ends to stop the frizz.
I've heard you can use it in cooking too!

Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g
Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g
Price: 14.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 29 Mar 2013
This oil has so many health benefits, both taken internally and externally. It's great as a moisturiser and stops bikini line shaving rash and itch. I didn't know about the benefits for alzheimers and will look this up as my Dad has dementia. I'm dissapointed to learn this size is in a plastic bottle.

Animal Stress and Anxiety: Relaxing Guided Imagery and Visualisations (CD)
Animal Stress and Anxiety: Relaxing Guided Imagery and Visualisations (CD)
by Brige Steedman
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, calming effects., 30 Jan 2013
I bought this CD last year after attending one of Brige's animal communication workshops. Brige has a natural ability to communicate and heal animals and this CD enables you to connect with your animals through a series of guided meditations. Bridge's voice alone is calming and the meditations are easy to listen to and to work with. One of my cats came to us as a very stressed and frightened animal who wouldn't let us touch him for six months. He is much better now but more recently has been suffering with the introduction of a new kitten. On all the occasions I have used this CD he has come in and settled next to me for the duration. On one occasion he even came and stood on his hind legs, rubbing his face against mine, which is not usual behaviour for him. I have certainly noticed an improvement in his relationship with the kitten and would highly recommend this CD.

The Secret
The Secret
Dvd ~ rhonda byrne
Offered by nightingale_conant
Price: 12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking, 21 April 2012
This review is from: The Secret (DVD)
I didn't know what to make of this but ended up glued to the TV. Don't buy thinking it's a film, it's not. Instead it's a collection of thoughts and beliefs about the way positive thinking and the Law of Attraction can help you achieve the life you want. Thought provoking and made me what to find out more.

Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD]
Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cliff Richard
Price: 7.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle fun, 15 Jan 2010
Even my husband enjoyed this! Although, to be honest, I think it was the Routemaster buses, French 2CVs and Una Stubbs that inspired him rather than the singing or Cliff!
This is good, light hearted, family fun. I put it on for two eleven year olds to watch and they were spellbound. After the film had ended they played the singalong version and sang for the rest of the evening. (Yes, the husband joined in too!)

This is gentle, British entertainment with a suitably corny storyline. You don't have to be a Cliff fan to enjoy it but it does help!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2010 5:25 PM BST

'Allo 'Allo! - Series 5 - Volume 1 [1988] [DVD]
'Allo 'Allo! - Series 5 - Volume 1 [1988] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gorden Kaye
Offered by 101Trading
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers 101%, 15 Jan 2010
For 'Allo Allo' fans the world over series five does not fail to deliver. Fun, laughter and inuendo by the sausage load. I love it!

The Ultimate Handbook for Making Teddy Bears: 1
The Ultimate Handbook for Making Teddy Bears: 1
by Linda Mullins

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for beginners, 15 Jan 2010
As an experienced teddy bear maker I bought this hoping to learn new techniques and was disappointed. This is, however, a good book if you are a beginner. It runs through lots of ways to sew noses, for example. However, if you are a beginner I suggest you search for an additional book as the black and white drawings are not that interesting. The book shows you how to create lots of teddies from one basic pattern.

The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook
The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook
by Martha Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate relaxation, 15 Jan 2010
This is an easy to follow workbook which leads you to ultimate relaxation. There are tons of techniques for reducing stress in your life. I thoroughly recommend it, not only if you are an individual but also if you intend running group relaxation sessions.

Cats, Rats and Other Creatures: 15 Patterns and Design Techniques
Cats, Rats and Other Creatures: 15 Patterns and Design Techniques
by Neysa A. Phillippi
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 15 Jan 2010
I love this book! The patterns are hysterical, not like any toy patterns I'd seen before. Although there is a lot of detail on making the animals in the book, unless you are an experienced sewer who would like a challenge you do need some bear making/toy making background to do the patterns justice. I make my own hand made collectors bears and there are new techniques in this book that I intend to incorporate into my designs. An excellent book which is well laid out. I can't wait to get started.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3