Profile for tartuffeclunes > Reviews

A Steady Rain
by Keith Huff
Price: 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 May 2014
This review is from: A Steady Rain (Paperback)
This is a fantastic play. An exceptional story which unfolds in an intriguing way. I'd have loved to see it onstage

No Turn Unstoned: Worst Ever Theatrical Reviews
No Turn Unstoned: Worst Ever Theatrical Reviews
by Diana Rigg

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 27 May 2014
Such a brilliant idea. Some of the reviews make you squirm and delight in the fact that they're not yours, but the book is entertaining throughout

Skios
Skios
by Michael Frayn
Price: 5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Skios (Paperback)
A wonderfully funny book which I have recommended to several other readers who have all loved it. An excellent read.

Hunter Women's Original Gloss Wellies Graphite W23616 8 UK
Hunter Women's Original Gloss Wellies Graphite W23616 8 UK
Price: 56.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 May 2014
Beautiful fit and everything I could hope for. These are a fantastic pair of boots. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

As Luck Would Have It
As Luck Would Have It
by Garry O'Connor
Price: 13.40

3.0 out of 5 stars The man is an actor God. However the book ..., 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: As Luck Would Have It (Hardcover)
The man is an actor God. However the book was a bit lack lustre and pedestrian. I still wouldn't want to miss a single one of his acting performances though.

Noel Coward Collection [DVD]
Noel Coward Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Noel Coward
Price: 18.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Noel Coward Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I'm still ploughing through a very comprehensive package of Coward, but there is a lot to like about the productions. Excellent acting throughout and of course well written, witty scripts to provide great entertainment.

Actors' Handbook 2013-14
Actors' Handbook 2013-14
by Casting Call Pro
Price: 8.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Aug 2013
This is a wonderful tool in any Actors workbox. I only wish I'd had something like this when I started in the profession several decades ago. It's full of excellent advice on all areas of the profession and is a 'must have' for anyone starting out and also gives great tips and reminders for those of us who've been in it a while. I even learned stuff I had no idea about and was particularly interested in the sections about what to look for in Head Shots and the Voice Over section.

This is an excellent book/guide. Do yourself a favour and buy a copy. (No, I don't get any commission from sales, I just want you to help yourself)

THE COMPLETE PLAYS OF SHAKESPEARE (Illustrated and Commented Edition) All of William Shakespeare's Unabridged Plays AND Yale Critical Analysis) THE COMPLETE ... (The Complete Works of Shakespeare Book 1)
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 July 2013
Great writing which I can now take everywhere loaded onto my Phone. Kindle will never replace actual books for me, but the convenience of having these great pieces in my pocket at all times is joyous.

Delphi Complete Works of Oscar Wilde (Illustrated)
Delphi Complete Works of Oscar Wilde (Illustrated)
Price: 1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 July 2013

Billy Elliot [The Original Cast Recording]
Billy Elliot [The Original Cast Recording]
Price: 6.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous, 22 Jun 2013
I recently saw the show live and was blown away by it. Not a naturally emotional person, I spent the evening in a kind of rapturous emotionalism and wept like a baby (in the best possible way!). This has got to be one of the best musicals ever

Page: 1 | 2 | 3