Profile for L. Neil > Reviews

Content by L. Neil

L. Neil "FH nut" (Lanarkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Eeny Meeny: DI Helen Grace 1
Eeny Meeny: DI Helen Grace 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 Nov 2014
This is a page turner.....it's the best book I've read for months. The characters are interesting and not one dimensional...the story flows well and has you wanting more. I'll certainly be joining DI Grace for her next book.

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book...full of suspense, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
Well written with just enough descriptive parts as not to be boring. Loved the suspense she managed to create.....you wanted to read just one more chapter....until you found it was three or four you had read! Would definitely recommend.

Lawless: The Past is Back - With  A Vengeance
Lawless: The Past is Back - With A Vengeance

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too wordy and contrived, 8 July 2014
I really enjoyed the previous book The Law Killers and so looked forward to reading this. It stared well but became a bit formulaic and contrived. I guessed the killer about half way through after first meeting the character. It was a reasonable book but too much time was spent with un-necessary descriptions that I missed large chunks and just got to the meat of the story. Not the worst book I've read, but wouldn't read another from him unless factual.

Terrapin Premium PU Leather Wallet Case/Cover/Pouch/Holster with Floral Interior for Nokia Lumia 920 - Red (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone cover, 18 May 2014
I'm really pleased with the phone cover; the phone fits snuggly into the holder and I feel it is very safe. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that when you use the flash to take photos they come out with a 'halo'. I think it is the coloured cover that reflects on the flash as you take the photo. Overall I would recommend this cover.

Pray for the Dying (Bob Skinner Mysteries Book 23)
Pray for the Dying (Bob Skinner Mysteries Book 23)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 11 Mar 2014
Never thought I'd see Bob Skinner with his feet under the table at Pitt Street......came out of left base that one! Fast paced...quite a page turner
A whole new set of characters to get to know as well. One of Jardine's best so far.

Snapshot
Snapshot

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracker of a read..., 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Snapshot (Kindle Edition)
The storyline flowed well and being set in Glasgow made it all the better. Drug dealers getting their comeuppance along with questionable cops makes for good reading. A bit gruesome in places but it wasn't gratuitous.....overall a cracking read!

Thicker Than Water (Season One: Book 6) (Jessica Daniel)
Thicker Than Water (Season One: Book 6) (Jessica Daniel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 1 Feb 2014
I stumbled across this author and I'm glad I did....his books are easy to read and the main character feels very realistic. That's me read all the series and I must say that every book has been great. If you like crime books then you could do a lot worse than read the Jessica Daniel series.....excellent!

Saints of the Shadow Bible (Inspector Rebus Book 19)
Saints of the Shadow Bible (Inspector Rebus Book 19)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking read, 7 Jan 2014
Ian Rankin has done it again.....another cracking Rebus tale. The story flows nicely between the old cases and new ones culminating in a great finish.....just love the Rebus books!!

2 X WHITE CLEAR BEADED CURTAIN TIE BACKS TIEBACKS
2 X WHITE CLEAR BEADED CURTAIN TIE BACKS TIEBACKS
Offered by Maple Textiles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan 2014
I liked them so much I bought another 2 sets. They are suitable for any colour of curtain and hang nicely. Prompt delivery...I would recommend these.

GEM Compact Camera Case for Fujifilm FinePix S2980, S4200, S4500 plus Limited Accessories
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 3 Jan 2014
After my old case literally fell apart I bought this one for my Fujifilm FinePix S4200 Digital Camera. It fits really snuggly and has a good shoulder strap with it. I would certainly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3