Profile for Mr Robert L Hunt > Reviews

Content by Mr Robert L Hunt

Mr Robert L Hunt

H501 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones, Apple MFi Certified Over Ear Headphones with 50-hour ANC Battery Time, Microphone & Volume Control (Wired)
Offered by yiderui

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, 27 Jun. 2016
On the positive side, the storage case is very good and protects the headphones well. The headphones are genuinely over-ear and are very comfortable and light weight. I could wear them for long periods. The noise cancellation is rather impressive. I think they will be good to wear on a plane while having a sleep. The way that the side twists open to reveal the battery compartment is very neat and easy to use. They are also strong. I am incredibly clumsy and have already dropped them on a hard wooden floor. There is no apparent damage.

I have done an A-B comparison with a pair of AKG K702 reference headphones. Perhaps that is a slightly unfair comparison, but the reference headphones are my standard as it were. With the noise cancellation switched on, they sound rather good. I am quite impressed. Some headphones are designed to be base heavy, which I hate. These are not like that. The response sounds nice and flat.

The only negative that I can find is that with the noise cancellation switched off, the sound quality is quite dreadful. The sound is boomy, base heavy and muddy. You definitely need to make sure that you carry a spare battery. This is not a big issue as there is room in the case for a spare battery. I could not listen to music using them without a battery under any circumstances.

On balance I think they are excellent value and will be great for use on public transport.

Solar Radiometer Crookes Lightmill Clear Sphere 90 mm black feet
Solar Radiometer Crookes Lightmill Clear Sphere 90 mm black feet
Offered by LUPI Solar Radiometer and many more

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with them indeed, 21 April 2016
I purchased two of these to put in my living-room window. I am very pleased with them indeed. The photograph above does not do them justice. These radiometers are much taller than usual and a fantastic piece of glass work. The packing was excellent. The outer box of mine had been damaged in transit, but the radiometers, although very fragile, were undamaged. I highly recommend these, particularly to anybody who has an interest in physics.

The Zero Theorem [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
The Zero Theorem [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Christoph Waltz

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is Under Control, 27 July 2014
I don't normally write film reviews, but I felt compelled to, having watched The Zero Theorem several times already. This film was not shown in most UK cinemas and that, in my opinion, is a shame. It is clear that a great deal of work and imagination has been put into this movie. Amidst the formulaic mega budget superhero films this is a refreshing change.

Terry Gilliam has painted a vision of the future where advertising has taken over and people mostly interact through technology. Their only purpose in life is as consumers and workers.

Qohen lives in a creepy, run down church and sleeps inside the church organ. The outside world is noisy and garish. The contrast between the dark interior of the old church and the fast pace and bright colours of the streets outside are striking. Qohen spends his life working for Mancom and waiting for 'our phone call'.

Great use has been made of the surround-sound in this film, much more so than in previous Terry Gilliam films. In the church there are creepy noises all around and at one point a squeaking creature literally flies around your head, but out of sight.

I must admit that I did find this film slightly heavy going the first time. I had to watch it a second time to decide what to make of it. I enjoyed it more the second time and noticed more details. The same was true of watching it a third time. There is plenty of humour, but some of it is not immediately apparent.

The Zero Theorem is not a new Brazil, however it does have a similarly tragic ending. If you like Brazil, I am quite sure that you will also like this.