Profile for Grand Dad > Reviews

Canon NB-5L Battery for IXUS 90, 980, 990, SX210 SX220, SX230, S110
Canon NB-5L Battery for IXUS 90, 980, 990, SX210 SX220, SX230, S110
Offered by CAMERA CLUB

1.0 out of 5 stars B uying advice, 10 Jan. 2013
I purchased this item as a spare for my camera CanonSX220HS. As it was a spare I did not really use it until December 2012. I have now found that it will not hold its charge - it will take a dozen images then close the camera. The supplier will not take it back because more than 30 days have elapsed since the purchase. This is probably fair however £31 pounds is quite expensive for a 30 day cover. My advice is that, if you purchase, you should use the battery as your main camera battery straight away to ensure that it is not faulty. Furthermore the battery does not have the same detail written on the it as the Canon battery supplied with the camera. It is probably fine to purchase as long as you prove the battery serviceable straight away.
I have now purchased a battery from Maplin's for £12 and have used it for 2 weeks and it is fine. It also has a 2 year guarantee so you are covered for a longer period.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 Bundle (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 Bundle (PC/Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars Patience and perseverence wins, 17 Jan. 2011
I have just upgraded from XP to windows 7 consequently, I also needed to upgrade Photoshop Elements from version 4 to version 9.At first I was disappointed because the package did not include a written manual and I was at a loss as to what improvements have been made. I viewed the available Adobe tutorials and I also take Photo Plus magazine that includes DVD tutorials. By taking some time to listen to the tutorials, and then trying my hand experimenting on my own images, I am gradually becoming more proficient and am amazed at what Elements 9 will do. It is a slow learning curve at first but the rewards are great. I do not change my photos drastically as I believe a photo is a true record and not an artistic painting if you understand what I mean. It is far more advanced than Windows photo manager however, if you just take family shots for the album then the Windows software is more than adequate. Elements 9, in my view, is for the photographer that takes his hobby seriously and would like to present his images without obvious flaws. I am pleased that I have upgraded and have persevered. This is of course just my opinion; I am just a layman who enjoys taking and presenting photographs to their best advantage.
Part of my purchase included Adobe Premier 9. I have not seriously tried this. I am confident that when I decide to process my videos there will not be any major problems. Adobe experts have designed the software for the hobbyist and there are tutorials if you taks the time to look.
Hope that this may be of interest to somebody. Best of luckAdobe Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 Bundle (PC/Mac)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2011 12:53 PM GMT