Profile for peter_s > Reviews

Content by peter_s

peter_s

Kryptonite Evolution Series4 Long Shackle U-Lock - Black/Orange, 10.2 X 29.2 X 1.4 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks reliable and solid, 8 Mar. 2014
It looks reliable and solid, the length of the 'U' part is a compromise: not too big to be inconvenient to carry around, but it's hard to lock the bike frame+front wheel+something else. That's why I bought the additional cable, the combo looks like the definitive bike protection.

Crock-Pot Digital Countdown Slow Cooker, 4.7 Litre - Gloss Black
Crock-Pot Digital Countdown Slow Cooker, 4.7 Litre - Gloss Black

5.0 out of 5 stars it does what it promises, 30 Oct. 2013
Simple to use, materials seem to be good quality, not expansive.. recommended.
I was looking for a slow cooker and I got it. The timer function, that switches from cooking to 'keep warm' is kind of handy.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good protection, lousy accessories., 30 Oct. 2013
It works very well, it's bulky but I knew it. I didn't drop the phone in water to test it, but I'm sure it'd last for a while. Buttons and switch work very well.

Unfortunately the jack extension used to connect earphones broke after a couple of months of use. I left it connected most of the time ,since I use a lot earphones, and this means that the cord has suffered of mechanical strains, being in the pocket and everything (but I've been careful as much as I could)... but still two months is really s hort period to break anything.

iCASEIT 8 Pin to USB Charging/Sync Cable competible with Apple iPhone 5 / 5C / 5S, iPad Mini, iPad mini with Retina, iPad 4th Gen, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPod Nano 7th Gen - 1m White

2.0 out of 5 stars It was perfectly good... but, 30 Oct. 2013
It was working perfectly, with no hesitations.
One day, all of a sudden, it stopped to work. The phone isn't charging anymore. I didn't upgraded the osx, or changed anything on the phone. I always used it in the office, on the table, so I didn't mishandled it.
It was a cheap solution less than 5 pounds, so I guess I took a calculated risk. Anyway, no cable - at any price - should break after 1 month of use.

Batman: Arkham City (PC DVD)
Batman: Arkham City (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars The game is great but.., 25 Oct. 2013
The game is great, I've played several hours so far.
The thing is all the protection nonsense: windows live requires connection, you need to have the DVD in the reader to start the game...
In these days, when anyone could download illegal copies of a game, I think that's not a brilliant idea to make the legal buyers' life harder than the downloaders'.
Considering that the game is a couple of years old, I have to say that on my computer newer games with more requirements are faster to start and to change scenarios.
But, if you like Batman as I do, this is probably one of the best games you can play.

Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour 1.5 kg (Pack of 5)
Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour 1.5 kg (Pack of 5)
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flour for bread or pizza, 25 Oct. 2013
I use it mainly for bread, it's very good. I like its flavor and the strength that make very easy to manipulate even very hydrated doughs. For pizza you may need to mix it with even stronger flour (1/4 of the total) but I'm sure it would produce good results by itself as well.

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
by Bill Watterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 25 Oct. 2013
If you like Calvin and Hobbes these books are a good choice. They include the whole Watterson's production of daily strips.
Books are paperback but not cheap quality, they look solid. The box is also made out of thick cardboard. The printing is good, Sunday's color strips take one whole page and they are very enjoyable.
Paper is glossy, and I would have preferred normal paper, but I think that glossy paper can be thinner and this reduced the size and weight of the books.

Kenko KE-MCP1DXC DGX 1.4x Pro300 Canon AF Converter - Black
Kenko KE-MCP1DXC DGX 1.4x Pro300 Canon AF Converter - Black
Offered by CameraKing (Shipping from UK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money!, 9 Feb. 2013
It's a very good teleconverter, considering that costs 1/2 of the equivalent Canon. I am using it with a Canon 5D Mark II and a Canon 400 F5.6. The autofocus keeps working, slower but it works!

3m - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable by Cablesson - (VIDEO Adapter lead for Apple iMac- Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air & PC with Mini DP etc.)**Supports Audio and New Thunderbolt Port** Full HD 1080p 24k Gold Plated
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars it just works, 21 April 2012
Mini display connector good for the latest generations of macBooks. It's long enough to connect your mac to the TV, and for a fraction of the price that Apple would charge you for!!