Profile for Elie > Reviews

Content by Elie

Elie (SEVENOAKS, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Really, Really, Really Big Dinosaur
The Really, Really, Really Big Dinosaur

5.0 out of 5 stars really good can we're read it from the beginning, 13 Jan. 2014
This is my four year olds' review. Enough said I think! Great book about sharing, friendship and not showing off.

Ladybird Classics: The Wind in the Willows
Ladybird Classics: The Wind in the Willows

5.0 out of 5 stars timeless classic made accessible for little ones, 30 Aug. 2013
My 3.5 year old loves these stories but finds the full version a bit difficult to follow. This is the perfect stepping stone into this wonderful story

Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter
Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter
by Lisa Faulkner

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the best recipe book I have ever had, 28 Feb. 2013
I buy far too many cook books. Most of them get used once or twice and then gather dust on the shelf. This one is out at least once a week and several of the recipes have become staples in our house. This with Jamie's Ministry of Food is pretty much all you need.

Pop Up Mega Mansion play tent 2164
Pop Up Mega Mansion play tent 2164
Offered by Blyme

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Pop Up Mega Mansion play tent 2164
the tent arrived today and we had it out of the box and up in a few minutes, then spent the rest of the afternoon inside with beanbags, pillow, various cuddlies and lots of giggles and games. I was finding it frustrating to get down (the instructions that come with it are pretty useless), but then I saw a review here that recommended the video on you tube (how to fold a 4 Panel tent) and it was down 5 minutes later. Highly recommended.

The Barefoot Book of Classic Poems
The Barefoot Book of Classic Poems
by Jackie Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 19 April 2012
I am becoming a little obsessed with Jackie Morris - her illustrations are incredibly beautiful and sum up the magic I find in stories and poems. Of all the books I've bought I think this is my favourite - although my son would argue that Tell Me A Dragon is definitely the best. It combines Jackie's magical drawings with the most wonderful poems to engage, challenge and inspire children and adults. Keep them coming Jackie.

Bogwoppit
Bogwoppit
by Ursula Moray Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be on every child's bookshelf, 15 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Bogwoppit (Paperback)
I loved book when I was little and was worried it wouldn't live up to my memory of it. But it does. It's a compelling and fast paced story, peopled by great characters like heroic children battling unpleasant aunts and of course the mischevious, mercurial, muddy but adorable bogwoppits (I still wish I could have one!). Why this one hasn't become one of the classics is a mystery

Wallpapering the Cat (Hungry for Poetry 2003)
Wallpapering the Cat (Hungry for Poetry 2003)
by Jan Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure trove of delights, 4 Aug. 2011
Jan Dean's poems can take you from roaring with laughter to wiping away the odd tear. They are beautiful, fun and sometimes touching. I'd recommend them as much for adults as for children

What to buy for your baby: Choosing the equipment that's right for you
What to buy for your baby: Choosing the equipment that's right for you
by Liat Hughes Joshi

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a book, 1 Feb. 2010
This has been my bible in the the weeks running up to B-day - indispensible advice that gives you all the facts you need and recommendations based on real knowledge. It's written in a lovely chatty way and is a quick read. I kept it in my handbag so I could refer to it when I went shopping and avoid the pitfalls and temptations and only get the things we really need - I reckon it's saved us several hundred pounds.

The Low GI Diet Cookbook: 100 Delicious Low GI Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Keep It Off
by Kaye Foster-Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars It can't be true ... tasty and good for you..., 22 Feb. 2008
The recipies in this book are DELICIOUS and leave you feeling really satisfied but not bloated - instead you feel light and lovely - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (especially the crumbled chicken - yum)

Who Was Who at Waterloo: A Biography of the Battle
Who Was Who at Waterloo: A Biography of the Battle
by Christopher Summerville

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jun. 2007
This is a breathtaking, brilliant and utterly compelling book. If you are interested in Waterloo, and even if you haven't been till now, get it. It uses the personal stories of people who were actually there to draw you into the battle. It's so evocative that you start to really fell part of this epic drama. I still can't put it down.

Page: 1 | 2