Profile for JL > Reviews

Content by JL

JL

Kinps®Iphone 5 4200mah detachable External Rechargeable Spare Backup Extended Battery Charger Pack Case Cover(For iPhone 5C/5/5S 4200mah detachable charger case, Black)
Offered by Kinpsbuy

2.0 out of 5 stars iphone not secure in case and kickstand is too far over to one side, 28 May 2016
Item arrived in time but when I took it out to test it, it was apparent that my iPhone 5 was not secure in the case. Also the little "kickstand" is not stable and the phone fell over easily. Contacted seller via Amazon but haven't had a response after two days. There are other models on the market where the kick-stand is more centred on the back of the phone and therefore more stable and also where the phone sits snugly in the case. I do not recommend this model.

Kids Don't Come With a Manual - The Essential Guide to a Happy Family Life
Kids Don't Come With a Manual - The Essential Guide to a Happy Family Life
by Carole Saad

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant resource for happier parents AND children!, 10 Mar. 2015
Fantastic book! I love the "toolkit" that the authors offer - I am still working through them with my son, but so far, each and every one has been a hit. They have really helped with creating a much more relaxed environment - but one where I still get the things that I need to achieve done without resorting to nagging, complaining or shouting. When my son was a baby, there were a tonne of guides around, but I haven't found one guide that really resonated until I came across this book.

The best part is the two "voices" of the authors which reflect the "authoritarian" style and "loving style" - it brings to life so vividly the conflicts that we face individually and as couples as we work out the best way to parent our children.

I highly recommend this book!

Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long
by David Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating! Am recommending it to all my friends, 13 Feb. 2011
Am absolutely fascinated by this book. I have a science degree and used to work for an imaging company, so I love the combination of neuroscience and observation to explain how and why we behave the way we do. It has already helped me think differently about some of my actions. Have recommended it to several friends and am looking forward to being able to talk about it with them soon!

Plenty
Plenty
by Yotam Ottolenghi

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, inspiring book - but recipes can be a bit time consuming!, 18 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Plenty (Hardcover)
I adore this book - it is a pleasure to read. However, having cooked a few of the recipes, I now understand why Ottolenghi charges a lot at their delicatessen as some of the recipes can be quite time consuming. The results are phenomenal though!