Profile for Mrs Lorraine Jones > Reviews

Content by Mrs Lorraine Jones

Mrs Lorraine Jones (Holyhead, Anglesey United Kingdom)

Into the Wild: Live at Eastwest Studios
Into the Wild: Live at Eastwest Studios
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 6.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Something different., 9 Jan 2014
Nice to hear something that sound so different to anything else out there at the moment. Absolutely love this girl's voice.

Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set
Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A great range of toys., 9 Jan 2014
Great toy for imaginative play. My granddaughter already had other sets in this range. She loves them. They are well made, durable playthings.

Dead Man Running: From Alcohol to Atacama
Dead Man Running: From Alcohol to Atacama
by Billy Isherwood
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Both heartbreaking and heartwarming., 19 Jun 2012
I met Billy following the Endurance Life Trail Marathon in Anglesey. He and three others had been invited to speak that evening, inspirational talks on endurance events. He really stood out for me, I was enthralled listening to him speak, a natural storyteller. His achievement in the Atacama Desert Ultra was remarkable but it is the human story that really makes this book such a compelling read. As many have said, once you start it's very hard to put down.
As I promised that night, I bought his book and settled down for what I thought would be a "rags to riches" type story, but it isn't.
I was prepared for the fact that it would not be entirely grammatically correct,he had said as much, indeed, he wanted the book to be his story, written his way and in his dialect. What I wasn't prepared for was the sheer brutality of Billy's upbringing. It was truly horrendous,and no children should ever have to suffer in that way, it really does bring tears to your eyes.
It obviously had a profound effect on him and led to the problems he faced, and still does face to some extent.
The story unfolded, I cried, I laughed, I was ocasionally appalled by his behaviour but touched at times too.He hides nothing. The wonderful Bridget is truly Billy's guardian angel, what an AMAZING lady.The strength and determination borne of the years of cruelty, poverty and conquering addiction are what led to Billy's amazing achievment in the desert.
A must-read if ever I knew one. I look forward to your next book Billy and yes, it would make a fabulous film! Good luck in the future Billy, wishing you and yours every happiness.Stay strong.