Profile for RJ > Reviews

RJ (Edinburgh, UK)

USA Pro Hand Weight Multi Small / 1kg
USA Pro Hand Weight Multi Small / 1kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, and cute., 27 May 2013
These look good (cute colours) and feel nice to hold with a soft textured covering. Plus they were a really good price!

The Rough Guide to Italy
The Rough Guide to Italy
by Celia Woolfrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of information!, 27 May 2013
I bought this in anticipation of a trip to Italy later this year, as our logistics have yet to be confirmed. The guide has helped me decide what the must-sees in the different areas are, as well as providing useful travel information and maps. I'd recommend it, especially as it's the most up-to-date guide available at the moment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 5:54 PM BST

OnePiece Lusekofte Grey/Pink Onesie Jumpsuit Unisex_adult Loungewear Grey/Pink X Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy!, 26 April 2013
This is so comfy that I'd be quite happy to wear it all day (although, maybe not out of the house...). It's bobbled a bit with wear, and cos I'm so short the crotch hangs pretty low - but as I'm only wearing it inside it doesn't matter. Pity too I'm female and have to strip to the waist to use the loo. Oh, the price we pay for comfort!

Samrick 3 Pin UK Micro USB Gadget Giant Mains Charger for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100/Galaxy Note N7000/Google Nexus Prime
Offered by Deeha Traders

5.0 out of 5 stars You'd never know the difference!, 26 April 2013
I genuinely forget that this isn't the charger that came with me phone - it works absolutely fine and just like the real thing.

BaByliss 3035BU Thermo Ceramic Rollers
BaByliss 3035BU Thermo Ceramic Rollers

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and quick!, 3 Aug. 2012
These rollers are great - they heat up quickly and produce a nice curl. It would be good if there were more rollers of each size, but that's a complaint of all heated rollers really! I purchased extra roller clips, but I find the number that you get with the set is usually enough anyway.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance-now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! (Quirk Classics)
by Jane Austen

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great., 24 Jun. 2009
I haven't finished reading this book yet, but so far I've found it to be amusing but not amazing. As other reviewers have said, there really is only one joke. Seth Grahame-Smith undoubtedly thought up the idea and saw that it'd make money, and I'm sure it will. Austen fans like myself will be drawn to it, as will zombie fans too. It's just a little tedious in places and the joke gets old. I'm not convinced his writing style fits exactly with Austen's, though he seems to make a stab at it. The main thing that irks me is the illustrations! Everyone knows P&P is regency/late Georgian, yet for some bizarre reason the illustrations have the characters dressed in Edwardian style clothes - that's 100 years later than they're meant to be. I suppose in theory P&P could be set in any time, but I just don't understand the need for this change. Unless the illustrator was just ignorant.

The book is amusing, but the joke wears thin a little and the illustrations are inaccurate.