Profile for Fiona Mac > Reviews

Simply The Best
Simply The Best
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Tina at her Best, 5 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Simply The Best (Audio CD)
Quite simply the Best solo Tina Turner collection ever.All of her hits from the 80's plus some.
If you're a fan of Tina during her period with Ike, though, you might want to look for another.

LEGO Bricks & More 626: Large Green Baseplate
LEGO Bricks & More 626: Large Green Baseplate
Offered by EXPRESS-BOOKS

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for lego builders, 5 Dec. 2005
This is an extremely useful addition to any Lego collection.
Not only does it hold bits of Lego still making them easier to be added to, it encourages 3-D building for children who have a tendency to build 2-D 'towers'.
Can be linked together with other plates of the same or different colours to create towns, beaches etc. and stretch young imaginations.
Also very useful when you are putting Lego away. Just stick all the blocks onto the board and you have a solid lump of Lego, reducing the loss of small parts.

Tomy Do-Re-Mi Dolphins
Tomy Do-Re-Mi Dolphins

4.0 out of 5 stars Dolphins outlast Children!, 29 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Tomy Do-Re-Mi Dolphins (Toy)
One of the best value-for-money toys on the market and un-arguably one of the mosty endurable. And if you had met my nine-year old son,(a small natural disaster constantly looking for a place to happen!) you would understand the true value of that statement.
I first bought this set for my oldest twins. That was about 11 years ago. We had an older son and daughter, and the twins were followed by another three. All seven of them loved this toy for many years. We have lost some dolphins and some rings over the years,(and I do mean lost, not broken) and now we only have two dolphins and three rings. But they still work.
It is true that the rings don't hold together very well, but this is not really important, they can still be played with floating individually round the bath. We now have a two year old with CP, who loves the sounds and colours, and another young baby, so I will definately be buying another set of dolphins this xmas.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Toast, 29 Nov. 2005
Look, it's a toaster, OK? It toasts bread. It does it perfectly adequetly, even very nicely. But let's keep it real. There is only so much you can say about a toaster. Tho' the re-heat facility is very useful if you have kids who put toast on and then go and get engrossed in something else...
Anyway, my point is that , beyond toasting bread, there is only one reason to spend this much money on a toaster - assuming that you are as shallow as I am - and that is because it is ab-so-lut-ly beautiful. It's lovely. It looks fantastic in your kitchen.You get up every morning and you want to kiss it's so lovely. It is the most gorgeous toaster currently available. And that's all the reason you need,really.
And now I'm going for a lie-down.

Discworld Noir: Terry Pratchett
Discworld Noir: Terry Pratchett
Offered by The Retro Cave

5.0 out of 5 stars A Game for All Reasons, 29 Nov. 2005
Whether you are into Pratchett specifically, detective games generally or just favour games with a lot of humour this is a game for you. It is a wonderful and enormously under rated game.
Point and click control means no having to memorise hundreds of hotkeys. Plenty of puzzles which, although they are easier to figure out if you have read Discworld novels, are not so obscure that non-readers will find them impossible.Lovely graphics, and loads of great characters.
I have heard of the problems with later OS's that other reviewers mention. I decided, when I was looking to upgrade my old PC, that there were too many old games I ( and my family) loved too much to lose. So I built a whole new system and kept the old one with '98 for games. I understand that this is not a viable solution for everyone, but if you love older games it's one I strongly recommend you consider. And the game as well!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5