Profile for blackbeanie > Reviews

Remember Me [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson
Price: 3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars heartbreaking tender movie, 2 May 2010
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
If a year ago someone would've told me that I would write some comments and a film review, even in English which isn't my native language, I would've bursten into laughter. But here I am with a dictionary by the hand to help express myself clearly. Remember me is worth it for several reasons.
It's a very beautiful and realistic movie done in the style of the movies of the seventies and earlier. It's about time we get to see this kind of films again after the dominating of brainless action movies and predictable romantic comedies. Other reviewers before me already told about the story so I won't repeat it again. I consider Remember me as a tribute to the ordinary people affected by the end of the film, an end that was done very tastefully. It is a film that needs to be shown at students in high school because of the end and the other themes in it, worth to be discussed afterwards: loss, grief, family relationships... I believe young people will understand values in life better after seeing Remember me than when told in some boring lessons. At least that's what my daughter says, and I believe her because she was obviously more silent and thoughtfull about all this for days after she saw the movie. Remember me also needs to be seen by the adults, the parents who often are so preoccupied with their work that they forget easily that life isn't something you can control: you never know if today will be followed by a tomorrow.
And therefore I was sad when I read some harsh and respectless reviews, written by narrow-minded critics. This indie movie is quite unique because it doesn't fit in a genre, it doesn't follow the structure generally used in many movies. Critics like to predict a film which they couldn't with this one, so they prefered to bash him rather than trying to understand the motives of the filmmakers. Conclusion: many people believed them and didn't want to see this little masterpiece (at least in America, here in Europe the film has much more success, thank God).
Last thing: the performances in Remember me were very strong and believable. But, to be honest,I don't get this thing about Robert Pattinson. Why does he has to prove he can act? He has proven it already in all his earlier films and for all those who're still septical: the film industry know very well that he's like a raw diamond that needs to be cut and polished a bit, not too much. It isn't only for his good looks that he's been offered the leading part in Bel Ami and Water for Elephants.
Sorry for my mistakes, I'm afraid a dictionary alone isn't enough, but at least I tried to write something comprehensible.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2010 1:37 PM BST