Profile for S. Connaughton > Reviews

Content by S. Connaughton

S. Connaughton (London, England)

1 Litre Bed Bug Killer Spray
1 Litre Bed Bug Killer Spray
Offered by Sales Direct Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not deter bedbugs, 5 April 2016
Right. I don't think you can have any luck with this spray unless you can find where the blighters are hiding out. I have the bites but none of the telltale signs of blood smears and cast off poop on the bedding. A few dead ones around the room but nothing alive and crawling. After going mad with the vacuum I have sprayed this stuff liberally on my mattress, carpet, around the bed etc but am still being bitten. I think you have to find them personally and spray them. This will not deter them. Bedbugs are not easily killed off so thinking that a quick spray with this stuff will solve your problem is misguided. I ve moved on to daily vacuuming like a woman possessed and Diatomaceous Earth.

Fluval 304/305/404/405 Ceramic Shaft for Straight Bladed Impellers
Fluval 304/305/404/405 Ceramic Shaft for Straight Bladed Impellers
Offered by Cocos Petshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 3 months., 6 April 2015
Bought this in December 2014 but it is broken April 2015! I have to replace it as not in a position to buy a brand new filter. A bit shocked that it only lasted 3 months!

NICI Meerkat Bean Bag Keyring
NICI Meerkat Bean Bag Keyring

5.0 out of 5 stars This made a great little gift for a child that loves Meerkats, 27 Dec. 2014
Very very soft and fluffy. This made a great little gift for a child that loves Meerkats. Not sure about some other reviews that complained, maybe they were sent the wrong Meerkat! This is exactly the same as the picture and now well loved.

Raa Raa the Noisy Lion - Welcome to the Jingly Jangly Jungle (includes Raa Raa Figure) [DVD]
Offered by A2Z Entertains

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 8 episodes, 31 Mar. 2012
I have to agree with the other reviews about the lack of foresight over the poor cardboard packaging. It doesn't cost that much to provide a plastic box. My child had ripped the plastic Raa Raa out of the packaging as soon as it arrived and I had to grab the DVD. Maybe had they added more episodes and increased the price then I wouldn't have felt that this was a wasted opportunity for the BBC to provide a quality product in a box. No doubt we will have to buy the next 4 lots of episodes in the same 8 episode format.I too don't care about the plastic toy.

Sock Ons Socks - 0-6 Months, Fuchsia
Sock Ons Socks - 0-6 Months, Fuchsia

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps them on!!!, 13 Sept. 2010
I was given some sock ons when my baby was born and I realised early on that they are a god send. Babies love playing with their feet more than any toy so these little pieces of elasticated genius are worth it. I have 4 pairs!
Down side is that you should hand wash them if you don't want them to be swallowed up in the washing machine. I found one in the drain of the machine!

The Edwardian Country House [VHS] [2002]
The Edwardian Country House [VHS] [2002]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for GCSE syllabus B students, 17 Jan. 2004
Having found a dirth of video footage for this period in history I was thrilled (and so were my pupils) with The Edwardian Country House. You do warm to the characters 'downstairs' and get a real feeling of the lives of domestic servants before 1914. We also found that we took a real dislike to the family 'upstairs' who played their parts extremely well.....maybe too well! The producers did a good job adding relevant important events into the series for example, the The birth of the Labour Party, Suffragettes and the start of the First World war.
The end of the series came too soon but a valuable insight has been given to this neglected area of British Social history.