Profile for A. Samuel > Reviews

Content by A. Samuel

A. Samuel (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Umbra Zoola Cat Ring Holder, Chrome
Umbra Zoola Cat Ring Holder, Chrome
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 8.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not functional, 24 July 2014
While this looks cute, the tail, where you're meant to put your ring, isn't very functional. It is too low and not wide enough :( Your ring ends up just lying on the surface underneath on the tail. Good if you just want to remember where you put your ring but it's definitely not a stand for your ring.

Gardman Belgravia Printed Coir Door Mat
Gardman Belgravia Printed Coir Door Mat
Offered by Garden Selections
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Super cute and functional, 24 July 2014
I've had this doormat a year now! It's gorgeous and I always get compliments on it and it's still in good nick a year later!

The Indelible Alison Bechdel: Confessions, Comix and Miscellaneous Dykes to Watch Out for
by Alison Bechdel

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Bechdel fans!, 24 July 2014
This book is so amazing! I wrote my dissertation on 'Dykes To Watch Out For' and this book was a crucial text for me. A great insight into both Bechdel's wonderful mind and the creation of all your favourite DTWOF characters.

Room 13
Room 13
by Robert Swindells
Price: 4.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as good as his later novels, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Room 13 (Paperback)
I have always loved Robert Swindells' books but fans may be disappointed by this one. It's a really early novel by him and you can definitely tell. Having loved books by him such as 'Nightmare Stairs' and 'Jacqueline Hyde', the simplicity of this novel was very disappointing.

Meat Loaf - T-Shirt Bat Out Of Hell (in M)
Meat Loaf - T-Shirt Bat Out Of Hell (in M)
Offered by Rockstylz
Price: 14.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Great band t-shirt!, 24 July 2014
A good quality print of the album cover on a comfy t-shirt. Everything I wanted!

Slim Hard Magnetic Close Glasses Spectacles Optical Frame Eye Wear Protection Case HC9 (Brown, Glasses Case)
Offered by Sunglasses_Warehouse
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WAY TOO SMALL, 24 July 2014
I bought this for a pair of sunglasses and it is TINY. They are not particularly big sunglasses and they did not fit inside. I will be returning. I do not see how ANY glasses could fit in this case.

BMC 8pc Mens Fashion Alloy Metal 1.5 in. Metallic Colored Skinny Tie Bar Clips
BMC 8pc Mens Fashion Alloy Metal 1.5 in. Metallic Colored Skinny Tie Bar Clips
Offered by Bundle Monster
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for great on trend selection of tie pins, 24 July 2014
I love these!!! Such great value for money, I've paid the same for two tie pins in the past! People who are saying they are too narrow are clearly wearing their ties very wide. As a 22 year old who only ever wears skinny ties, I can say these are the same width as most of my ties! If more narrow though, this is intended, as they are a SKINNY tie pin, which is very on trend!

Wenko Fassano Soap Dish
Wenko Fassano Soap Dish
Price: 4.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional but cheap looking, 24 July 2014
Definitely not a classy looking soap dish. If you want something purely functional, it works well, with holes to drain excess water. It's also light. However for 5 you might expect something more attractive.

It Felt Like a Kiss
It Felt Like a Kiss
by Sarra Manning
Price: 3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Manning fan :(, 21 April 2014
This review is from: It Felt Like a Kiss (Paperback)
I absolutely loved reading Sarra Manning's books as a teenager and recently found out she's been writing adult novels in more recent years. I was so excited her target audience had aged with me and this was her first adult novel I read. I'm afraid to say I was incredibly disappointed. Her teenage novels are full of quirky, flawed but fabulous characters and interesting, edgy plots. This was a very generic story with very generic characters, who were so perfect they became unlikeable. It wasn't dreadful - I read to the end, it was an easy read - but compared to her teenage writing, it absolutely pales in comparison. Not trying to hate because I think she's a very talented teen writer, but I wish this book was more like her young adult novels - it felt like she made a lot of "safe" and ultimately boring choices and dumbed down her writing.

Lily Flame- SPOOK!- Scented Candle In Orange Tin With Lid - Halloween Favourite
Lily Flame- SPOOK!- Scented Candle In Orange Tin With Lid - Halloween Favourite
Offered by JNR Express
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 11 Jan 2014
Spook! is my favourite Lily Flame (and I LOVE their candles!). Another review says it has a vanilla-y smell and I completely agree. Really, really, really sweet, but in a very homely, warm way, which blends well with the natural scents around you. I love burning this when I'm having a cosy evening in. I bought it last Halloween but tbh I wish it had less Halloween-y packaging, because this is delightful for all times of year! Definitely good for colder months though.

Lily Flame candles are my absolute favourite brand: they last for about a month despite only having one wick and their smell spreads SO well, it literally fills the whole room.

My favourite candle ever, I can't recommend it enough.

Page: 1 | 2