Profile for Jt Paremain > Reviews

Content by Jt Paremain

Jt Paremain "clive sarjentson"

The Decca Years 1955-1975
The Decca Years 1955-1975
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars my mckellar years, 4 July 2008
The tenor voice of kenneth mckellar has alwasys amazed me for its scope, tone quality and also cute versatility. He seems so able to sing anything with such convictition yet complet sentiment and feeling, down to last detail. his range of song style is about as wide as it is posible to get; rather then a `fixed` style as so many singers seem to have.to put it another way, he sings the song the way it`s ment to be sung rather then to suit a style of singing that he choose. A perfect example is the LP. handel`s famous songs and arias: mckeller is the only singer that i have heard record handel`s-`ombra-mai-fu` with the introduction befor the largo also to sing `love in her eyes sits waiting` which is a master piece of singing and voice control. His famous LP. is such a match with the voice of Patricia cahill-mellow harmony indeed. The Irish songs are sung with perfection to Irish folk legend mentality and sweetness; where as scottish folk-songs are sung with the ultimate in sensitivity and sentimentality. Altogather a very fine performer, a real showman and all of his work is to such a high standard. I first heard his voice in 1959 whilst still at school. I was so impressed that i have followed his career ever since. Now 50 years later i enjoy his records (of which i have most) as much as ever. mckellar is the singer of my life time and I really feel so lucky that he was there for me; and I`m sure for so many others worldwide. sincerely, clive sarjantson.