Profile for Kaka > Reviews

Kaka (UK)

Sistema Davina Bottle, 700ml, Pink
Sistema Davina Bottle, 700ml, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars No Leaks - yippee!, 26 Sep 2011
This bottle is worth every penny. It's the first drinks bottle I have bought that doesn't leak all over my kids lunch bags (and believe me, I have bought loads). Not only that but the kids don't complain that they can't open it as the twist action is perfect. It holds a large volume so they have plenty to drink throughout the day and then washes perfectly in the dishwasher. A great find!

Pink Polka Dot Design Charlotte Bag
Pink Polka Dot Design Charlotte Bag
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but you only get what you pay for, 26 Sep 2011
These are pretty little bags and my girls use them for snack break. However, please keep in mind that they are very inexpensive so they are not the hardiest of bags. I bought three, intending to use one for my lunch as well as the girls snack bags, but within days the zip had come away from the seam on my youngest childs bag so I had to give her mine. The others don't look like they'll last long but as I say, they are pretty, the girls love them and they were cheap so what more can you expect.

Fairy Secret Diary
Fairy Secret Diary
Offered by Frilly Lily

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a diary!, 20 July 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fairy Secret Diary (Toy)
I am so disappointed with this item. It may have secret diary written on the front but inside it is nothing but a notebook. The pages are blank, no days of the week or information pages with all the little details that girls love to fill in. It is very poorly bound and I'm guessing that once it's been opened and closed a few times it will fall apart. This was bought to give as a present but I would be too embarrassed to give this, I so wish I had bought one of the others listed on amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2012 5:06 PM BST

Stick Man
Stick Man
by Julia Donaldson

2.0 out of 5 stars One very disappointed family of Donaldson fans!, 8 Jan 2009
This review is from: Stick Man (Hardcover)
I was really excited to see another Donaldson/Scheffler book available, not only because I thought my 2 girls aged 3 & 4 yrs would be delighted but also because we have all immensely enjoyed reading every other one of their collaborations time after time, without tiring.....until now.
From the story-teller's point of view, I found the rhyming text didn't flow as smoothly as her other books, whilst the 'stick man, stick man' line drove me crazy.
I also found the subject matter slightly grim, bad luck follows bad luck for the poor little stick man, until he ends up on the fire, much to the consternation of my 2 girls!
Even though things eventually come good for the little chap, my girls still looked slightly shell-shocked by the end of the book and there were none of the customary cries of 'again, again' which normally follows an outing of, say, 'A Squash and a Squeeze', etc.
I hope this is just a blip as we can never wait for their next book to arrive, and would hate to be disappointed again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2009 11:58 AM GMT

Alvin And The Chipmunks [Blu-ray] [2007]
Alvin And The Chipmunks [Blu-ray] [2007]
Dvd ~ Jason Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful heartwarming movie, 29 Oct 2008
I bought this movie for my 2 girls aged 2yrs & 4yrs having read the reviews already posted on Amazon and it absolutely deserves the 5 star rating. It was lovely to have a movie with no 'mildly frightening scenes' like many other kids movies as my two find them terrifying. The chipmunks are adorable, the singing is cute, the storyline is simple yet engaging and we've watched it every day since we got it with no signs of tiring of it! Oh, and my husband thinks the blu-ray format is fab, whatever that means!

Tomy Do-Re-Mi Dolphins
Tomy Do-Re-Mi Dolphins

1.0 out of 5 stars Very misleading, 2 Nov 2006
This review is from: Tomy Do-Re-Mi Dolphins (Toy)
To claim that your child will play their first scale and soon be producing their first symphony gives the impression that these dolphins do actually produce a sound resembling a musical note.

Complete and utter rubbish, they do occasionally produce what can only be described as a wet farting noise but Beethovens fifth it aint.

I can only recommend giving these a wide berth and spending the kids Christmas money elsewhere!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2013 1:05 AM GMT