Profile for Nick Wheals > Reviews

BACCINI large travel bag - weekender TOBY - sports bag black leather
BACCINI large travel bag - weekender TOBY - sports bag black leather
Offered by Jive24 - bags & accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 Oct. 2014
Bag is nice but the shoulder strap stitching has come loose after minimal usage.

Big Bargain Filter Wallet FOUR Pocket Case Pouch for Cokin P Series
Big Bargain Filter Wallet FOUR Pocket Case Pouch for Cokin P Series

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of protection and poor quality, 27 Sept. 2013
This is a soft case with no real padding. Mine was so poorly stitched that the 'central' stitching was about a centimetre right of where it should be. This meant that it could not take 4 filters properly. 2 would fit loosely and be insecure, one was a very tight squeeze and one would not fit at all.

I asked for a refund, and was told to return the item, initially this appeared to be at my own expense, but when I contacted the seller they said I should enclose the receipt for postage and they would refund. To be honest, I don't have time to mess about with this so I am not going to bother. I want to be fair so it may be that had I returned the item they would have made it right, and sent an item that was of merchantable quality.

I have now bought a Mantona photo bag which has a lot more space than my old bag, so its less of an issue for me.

mantona Large Photo Bag for SLR New York (for advanced equipment, rain cover, tripod holder, numerous pockets, shoulder strap)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality large photo bag, 27 Sept. 2013
This bag seems well made and has been well designed to hold your gear securely. There is ample space for a two body kit with different lenses, flashes, mini tripods etc, there is also space for smaller items. The zips and clips seem of decent construction and there doesn't appear to be any weak points that will fail when you are on a trip. Overall its brilliant value.

I was originally considering a backpack style for ease of transport, but then I realised that if I was trekking in mountains , I would take a single body and carry just a zoom pouch. This bag can securely hold all of my kit and can easily be carried around, though you probably wont want to carry it all day, as if you have lots of gear it will be heavy!

Its a genuine bargain and is of higher quality than I was expecting.

PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)

4.0 out of 5 stars Too many chargers?, 26 April 2013
If you have too many chargers, this solves the problem nicely. Charges my iPhone, Playbook, Blackberry wherever I am.

Great when travelling light!

Arkon Folding Tablet Stand for iPad Air iPad mini iPad and Android Tablet PC
Arkon Folding Tablet Stand for iPad Air iPad mini iPad and Android Tablet PC
Offered by Navitech Official UK Store Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars ideal for holding an iPad whilst using Evernote Food, 26 April 2013
I bought this for the kitchen and it seems ideal. Folds down to fit in the drawer. Would also work well for use with a keyboard, or watching films.