Profile for Jason > Reviews

Point Break [DVD] [1991]
Point Break [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Point Break [DVD] [1991] (DVD)
I will never get bored of this film. A classic

Silverline 323710 Hex Key T-Handle Set 2 -10 mm 10-Piece
Silverline 323710 Hex Key T-Handle Set 2 -10 mm 10-Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy hex keys, 27 July 2014
What can you say? Reasonable quality, sturdy hex keys. Do the job, not bad price.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns Of The Patriots Platinum (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns Of The Patriots Platinum (PS3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 27 July 2014
Quickly got bored of this....

Hitman: HD Trilogy (PS3)
Hitman: HD Trilogy (PS3)
Offered by rockaway-records

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved 'Hitman' on the PS2, 27 July 2014
Loved 'Hitman' on the PS2, bought this out of nostalgia. It's ok, but these 'Classics' series (Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia...) just show you how much things have moved on.

While the games are faithfully remastered, they expose the limitations of the earlier consoles, and you end up playing them once then they sit in a drawer gathering dust.

My advice, save your money.

Prowell 55R Phoneix cycle helmet (Red Black, Medium)
Prowell 55R Phoneix cycle helmet (Red Black, Medium)
Offered by Prowell Helmets UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great helmet at a great price., 27 July 2014
Very pleased with his helmet. It's lightweight, comfortable and feels sturdy. Stylish too in my opinion. Very pleased with it so far.

And at this price, seems to be a real bargain. The RRP price quoted in the product listing is genuinely the price these helmets are listed for on the manufacturer's UK website, so that's not just an advertising gimmick.

The proof of any safety accessory, of course, is how effective it is in an accident - I don't plan on having one of those just for the sake of a product review, but it complies with the appropriate EU standard (EN1078) so it should be as good as any other similar product on the market.

And a final note about the distributors....
Firstly, the helmet was well packaged, and arrived in just a few days. Plus, I contacted the distributors via their website with a quick product question and they were really helpful. 10 out of 10 for service. I'll definitely be buying from them again next time I want a new helmet.

Topeak bottle cage Modula Cage EX water bottle cage plastic
Topeak bottle cage Modula Cage EX water bottle cage plastic
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little product, 24 July 2014
Good little product. Slightly fiddly to install, trying to get the mounting screws through the backplate, but does the job once fitted.

Deore HG-51 8-Speed Cassette 11-28 grey Size:0
Deore HG-51 8-Speed Cassette 11-28 grey Size:0

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok, but should be clear that it's an "ALIVIO" part, not "DEORE", 7 Feb. 2014
Product arrived within a few days of order (thanks Amazon), but it may be worth pointing out that the HG-51 is a Shimano ALIVIO cassette and not a DEORE cassette. I don't know if this makes any difference to other buyers, it doesn't really to me. I'm relatively new to all this, so have to admit being quite un-informed about bike components - I'm just repairing my oldk bike and wanted the same as what I'm removing to make life as easy as possible, so I bought this Shimano 11-28 8-speed cassette and it's a good price.
But from what I can gather from Shimano's website, Alivio seem to be the lower end of the market in terms of component performance (aimed at "recreational" cyclists), whereas the DEORE sets seem to be aimed at the higher end. And their website only shows a 10-speed cassette in the DEORE range (HG62).

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit too fast & furious for a 'casual' gamer., 12 Sept. 2013
I got this used so didn't pay much for it, and I'm quite glad. I don't mind racing games, and this looked like a bit of fun. But playing it, it's not as much fun as I thought it's be. I personally found it quite difficult.

It could be just me, but for my view, you just go a bit too fast through the course that you can't really tell where you're going. Compared to something like Gran Turismo, the courses/landscapes are so "busy" that the screen's very cluttered. As a result I was constantly crashing into things and wrecking my vehicle, making it practically impossible to play.

Having said that, I'm nothing like a serious gamer. I manage to squeeze in half an hour here, so I just want a bit of quick & easy escapism. This game requires a bit too much skill & concentration for my liking.

BDBikes (tm) - Folding Bike or Cycle Repair and Maintenance Stand - FREE (Next Day, GPS Tracked) SHIPPING

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy stand, 12 Sept. 2013
If you're going to fork out for a bike stand at a cycle shop or Halford or whatever, you're looking at paying double this.

This is solidly built, and is very sturdy. I've just used it while givine my bike its first thorough de-grease and scrub-down so I can get to teh gears & drivetrain properly, and it did the job well. Held the bike steady and made everythign accessible.

It folds down nice and compact to store away in my garage, so is very convenient.

I did find that the plastic 'end' that sits on top of the main support (which contains the tightening mechanism which holds the upper half in place) does move when you are extending it, but once you tighten it up it's fine and stays where it should,

For the money, it does the job well.

The Total Bike Maintenance Book: DIY Repairs Made Easy
The Total Bike Maintenance Book: DIY Repairs Made Easy
by Mel Allwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clearly written, 12 Sept. 2013
I'll be honest, I haven't actually undertaken any of the maintenance activities described in this book yet, but I have been givin it a read to "brush up" on what to do should I need to in the future. It's nicely laid out, uses easy-to-understand language, and has some good clear colour photos. I dont' think I'll have difficulty following it when I need to refer to it "in anger".

This is the only book I've got of this kind, so I don't know what kind of information is included in other similar ones, but I do particularly like the opening sections which give you handy tips on recommended kit you should need. There's a section on choosing appropriate clothing, what types of tools you should carry with you in case of emergencies, and ideas for which tools it's a good idea to have at a home in tyour 'workshop' (if you have one).

I like it.