Profile for JaniD > Reviews

JaniD

Makita MLS100 240 V 255 mm Electric Saw
Makita MLS100 240 V 255 mm Electric Saw

5.0 out of 5 stars The saw is great for our DIY jobs, 12 May 2016
This came with a small broken fence but a quick call to Toolstop and a replacement was quickly and efficiently despatched. The saw is great for our DIY jobs. It seems to cut accurately and is easy enough for even me to use. The only thing that is a bit awkward is that the dust bag sticks straight out of the back and I have my saw on a bench so I can't put it on.

RHS Botany for Gardeners: The Art and Science of Gardening Explained & Explored
RHS Botany for Gardeners: The Art and Science of Gardening Explained & Explored
by Geoff Hodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 April 2015
Simply the most beautiful book I have ever seen with lovely illustrations and packed with information.

Toshiba 22D1334B - 22D1334B - 22" Full HD LED TV - Built-In DVD Player 1920 x 1080 16:9 White Bezel HDMI USB VGA PC Input.

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it faulty?, 1 April 2014
I bought this just before Christmas and have noticed a few occasions when it said it hadn't been switched off properly then I started getting up in the morning and finding it blaring away in the kitchen having switched itself on sometime during the night. I find this quite a worry as it could cause a fire. Not sure what to do about it as it was a nightmare getting it up on the wall and I don't look forward to trying to get it down again to return it. For the time being I am switching it off at the wall socket!

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 3 Sept. 2013
I told my family that I was reading a book involving time travel and dinosaurs and thought I sounded stupid. But it is a really fast paced, entertaining story and actually very believable. Will be looking out for the next instalment.

Flight of the Crow
Flight of the Crow

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Flight of the Crow (MP3 Download)
Love this album. I bought it as I had heard a song from the other album on radio 2 but when I sampled the songs I bought this one as I liked the sound more but will probably now buy the other one too. Lovely folky gentle easy listening. Recommended.

Oh Great, Now I Can Hear Dead People! (The Oh Great Series Book 1)
Oh Great, Now I Can Hear Dead People! (The Oh Great Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 9 Feb. 2013
Fast paced and well written. Very enjoyable and funny. I Couldn't put it down and read it in a day.

Getting Started Knitting Socks
Getting Started Knitting Socks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 12 Nov. 2011
I had never knitted socks before and am quite an amateur knitter. I am now half way through my second pair of custom made socks. Easy instructions let you design your own socks to your specifications. So enjoying it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Mega problems with damaged guitars, 15 Jan. 2011
I think the actual guitar is ok. You get what you pay for. What you do not expect is to have 3 guitars delivered, all with varying degrees of damage. We actually kept the last one because we couldn't stand it any more and the damage was a crack in the plastic back which could be glued and would make no difference to the sound quality. This last one arrived damaged even though I suggested that they take more care with the packaging. Their courier company obviously take no care whatsoever. I emailed to say we would keep this one even though it was damaged and had no comment from Normans either way, no apology, nothing! I am quite cross to say the least.