Profile for juliecp > Reviews

Content by juliecp

juliecp

JACK AND THE GIANT KILLER
JACK AND THE GIANT KILLER

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love Jack. I have read all the books in ..., 20 Oct. 2014
I just love Jack. I have read all the books in the series and want more!
For those that haven't read any of the earlier books, it is a good idea to do so - apart from the great enjoyment, it will help understand the relationship between Jack and Replacement and their pasts, otherwise it may be a little confusing, although still possible to read on its own. More blanks from the past are filled in.
Jack has left the police force and ends up investigating a series of murders. I have to confess, I did guess whodunnit, but that didn't spoil the story in any way. The relationship between Jack and Replacement continues to grow and the addition of the dog is a good touch. All of the books are very well written, with dry humour and keep you gripped. Definitely recommended, I am waiting for the next one.

Broken Angels (Katie Maguire Book 2)
Broken Angels (Katie Maguire Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, gripping story, 27 Sept. 2013
I decided to buy this book after reading the reviews. As this was the 2nd book, I got the first one too and read them straight after each other. They were both great reads, gripping story lines and I enjoyed the Irishness of the books. This book finds DI Katie Maguire investigating a series of gruesome murders of priests. Overall, the book was most enjoyable, but there were a few things that annoyed me. The worst was the fact that in book 1, Katie was one of 7 children with 6 brothers yet in the second she was one of 7 children with 6 sisters. How did that happen? Also,no self respecting woman that I know would even consider going to work after a night of passion without taking a shower!! I did enjoy the books though and would recommend them, I'm waiting for the 3rd in the series to appear.

Sacrifice (Detective Mark Heckenburg Book 2)
Sacrifice (Detective Mark Heckenburg Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth waiting for!, 23 July 2013
I read Stalkers and couldn't wait for the follow up and I wasn't disappointed. I was thinking Sacrifice would follow on the story from Stalkers, which it didn't, but was compulsive reading from the start. Heck is a great central character and I love the style of writing, exciting, well paced with humour thrown in. It is difficult to capture a car chase in a book but Paul handles this extremely well, there is a lot of action and all well written and exciting. Good attention to detail - and I didn't spot one typo or spelling mistake, which is quite rare these days!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, can't wait for the next.

A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)
A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 20 April 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It is very well written, gripping story line, great characters. I wanted to find out what happened at the end but didn't want the book to finish! I will definitely be buying the other books by this author. Would recommend it to anybody.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2013 10:43 PM BST