Profile for Boogyanne > Reviews

A State Of Trance Ibiza 2014 At Ushuaia
A State Of Trance Ibiza 2014 At Ushuaia
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The Midas touch!, 20 Mar. 2015
I might have been inclined to agree with the preceeding review BUT... I gave the CD the benefit of the doubt and I didn't give up on it. I am relatively new to the Armin Van Buuren fold, previously being a one Paul Oakenfold trip pony! However, one thing I have noticed about Armin is his adventurous streak. I have a number of his compilations now and I don't think I have heard the same track repeated on any of them. Again, agreeing with the previous review, to hear a rendition of Let it Go on a trance CD was a little disconcerting at first. But then you listen to it again and it fits and you have to admire the bloke quite frankly for having the balls. Towards the middle/end of CD 2 is absolutley mind blowingly fantabulocious!!! I am still not ready to desert the Paul Oakenfold camp but there will always be room in my CD collection for the super talented Mr Van Buuren!
For all you miserable folks out there, listen to some Armin and a smile will burst onto your face!

My Little Pony Rainbow Princess Twilight Sparkle Figure
My Little Pony Rainbow Princess Twilight Sparkle Figure
Offered by CEDIS

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Christmas present for a 3 year old, 20 Dec. 2014
Brilliant! It's a present for a 3 year old and just know she is going to love it... I wish I was still 3 to be honest!

III
III
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 down to 3...But they still have the real talent in Gary and Mark!, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: III (Audio CD)
Upbeat and mood enhancing, this album is simply fabulous. Whoever wrote the review proclaiming that it lacked the happy vibe should maybe book a trip to the doc for some happy pills! I really haven't missed Jason or Robbie (who I have always thought to be an egotistical fool)! Gary is the outstanding talent of the group, without a shadow of a doubt. However, Mark's contribution throughout the album are positively brilliant. I love the fact that despite the fact that the years are rolling on, Take That remain current, enthusiastic and real ambassdors for the music of the 90's and beyond. With most tracks on iii being upbeat and full of foot-tapping, sing-a-long melodies this is a truly worthy addition to any collection. They most certainly haven't lost their touch. I really loved Patience but with their appearance on the X Factor, when they showcased their new single, I pre-ordered the album without any hesitation and I couldn't be more delighted. Well done boys, keep on keeping on. The pop scene would be a dreary place without you!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2014 3:33 PM GMT

The Hurting
The Hurting

5.0 out of 5 stars A Musical Masterpiece... Never outdated, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Hurting (Blu-ray Audio)
Tears for Fears are, without question, on of the best British bands... ever! Music trends come and go but having just purchased the blue ray version of the album, I have come to realise that time cannot erase genius. If I listen to other 80's music it sounds very dated and of its time but not The Hurting. In fact, Tears for Fears wrote, sang and produced some of the most poignant and thought evoking music of the 20th century. The appropriately named, The Hurting, demonstrates the pain and suffering, mostly of children, throughout. Something in their past perhaps? Roland Orzabal and Curtis Smith were indeed a music force to be reckoned with in the 80's but how many bands can still sound so good 30 odd years on?!! It is my opinion that they were always under rated, never quite recieving the glory that was greatly deserved for their many musical masterpieces. The sound track of the album, The Hurting, is a very great favourite of mine, bringing back some memories of my own. But rather than being a sad song, for me it has made me realise that I am not alone! 'Memories fade but the scars still linger'...how true that is, another great Tears for Fears lyric.

The House Collection, Vol. 6
The House Collection, Vol. 6

5.0 out of 5 stars And that's how you do it!, 1 Sept. 2014
This CD holds some wonderful memories for me. Paul has taken tracks that you might never have imagined and by artists that you would never have expected, into the perfect trance anthems. The Garbage remix is a masterpiece and although I lked the original version, I LOVE the Paul Oakenfold remix. Hey, when you are as talented as this bloke, anything is tranceable!

A State of Trance 500
A State of Trance 500

5.0 out of 5 stars Trance as it should be, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: A State of Trance 500 (Audio CD)
The king of all trance albums, A State of Trance 500 is awesome. I am in all honesty sitting here with tears in my eyes. This is trance as it should be; catchy tunes that have a beginning, a middle and climaxing to a superb ending. With every track a winner, this cd has been expertly mixed, making it a legitimate addition to the discerning trance fan's cd collection. I haven't heard anything like this for years... And I just happened to chance upon it!!!

The Common Linnets
The Common Linnets

5.0 out of 5 stars And I don't like country music!, 16 May 2014
This review is from: The Common Linnets (Audio CD)
The Common Linnets won the Eurovision for me by a street mile. Two gorgeous people singing completely gorgeous harmonies. A trance junky at heart, this tune could see me veering towards a bit of country... Although I think Avicci has done a lot for this genre recently with his dance/country combo, Wake Me Up. I love this and I am not ashamed to admit it. The real winner of the Eurovision will see the money rolling in and I don't think it will be the bearded lady!

Cow Farmyard Animals Design Kids Hot Water Bottle with Soft Plush Cover
Cow Farmyard Animals Design Kids Hot Water Bottle with Soft Plush Cover

3.0 out of 5 stars Its so small!, 19 Dec. 2013
A little disappointed as in the write-up I was sure that I read that this was supposed to be a full sized water bottle. It is actually intended to give to an adult so the tiny thing that I have received may be more of a joke present than I had anticipated! Why doesn't the novelty hot water bottle industry cater for adults?

A Mary Christmas
A Mary Christmas
Offered by iAlpha Technologies

4.0 out of 5 stars Mary, Mary quite contrary!, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: A Mary Christmas (Audio CD)
Completely unlike anything else Mary J Blige has ever done, this is a really touching Christmas cd that perhaps shows a softer side of the lady. I could perhaps have done without the foreign renditions... what is the point of listening to something in French when there are a great many British options to choose from? Worth buying though, if only for The Little Drummer Boy, which is a really lovely version.

Gibsons Downton Abbey Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
Gibsons Downton Abbey Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
Offered by Ringtec

5.0 out of 5 stars My Mum will be delighted, 14 Dec. 2013
Mum is an avid fan of Downtown Abbey and she just so happens to love jigsaw puzzles as well. That makes this the perfect Christmas gift. Although I have not seen inside the box it looks to be of a really nice quality. I am absolutely certain that my mum will love it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3